HI Guys

This is my first post so go easy! :P Any help on this one is appreciated.

So i have a blackberry setup on a BES.

I am the administrator of the BES and i have set no IT policies up.

I have downloaded Facebook App, and i can sign in, and i can do searches for my friends, view their status etc.....

But my FB notifications arent working. I.e My application doesnt show me when someone writes on my wall or any other type of notification. The notification arrives in my inbox in Outlook on my computer, but it doesnt arrive in my inbox on my blackberry.

Can anyone advise on this?

Thanks again for any help in advanced.

Ben
    03-12-09 12:59 PM
    You need to have whatever the notification email address is set up on your BB.
    03-12-09 01:02 PM
    I was gonna add that i have already done that to my post above, but i woulda thought the fact that the notifications arrive in my outlook inbox, woulda shown i have already done this!

Any other solutions?
    03-12-09 01:05 PM
    Unless Outlook is getting them off the server before they can get to your Berry. This sounds more like an Outlook setup issue than an issue with the app. If you can get other e-mails from that address other than FB notifications, it really should work.
    03-12-09 01:08 PM
    I read somewhere that there are problems with this app and BES. Is this true? Something about it only working well with BIS.
    03-12-09 01:09 PM
    I read somewhere that there are problems with this app and BES. Is this true? Something about it only working well with BIS.
    Sorry, I really do not know.
    03-12-09 01:15 PM
    you don't have any filters set up to move facebook mails to a specific folder do you? i had that set up on my sbcglobal.net address and it wouldn't notify me until i got rid of the filter.
    03-12-09 01:19 PM
    Works fine for me. I have it set up on FB so that notifications go to my personal account rather than my BES account, but I receive everything in the FB app since the personal account is also on my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 01:30 PM
    No Filters.

All emails go directly to my inbox. The notifications dont go to my blackberry inbox, so i know its kinda doing the job it should..... But still not correct.

Does being logged into facebook on a computer at the same time have any relevance? I have had FB open on my computer all day and havent even thought about it.
    03-12-09 01:49 PM
    If the emails are not going to the blackberry's inbox, then the FB app can't intercept the email from the BB's email program.
    03-12-09 03:14 PM
    What i meant is, It seems as if they ARE being intercepted which is why they are not showing on the BB. They ARE showing in my actual outlook inbox. If i remove the app, emails from facebook arrive on my BB no problems.
    03-12-09 04:02 PM
    Are you logged in on the app?
    03-12-09 04:04 PM
    For what it's worth, my notifications aren't working today either.
    03-12-09 04:06 PM
    my notifications on both my Storm and Bold have stopped as of 10:30pm PST last night. Only the Storm is on BES. There are plenty of posts now stating that this is a widespread problem. Seems that FB notifications are down for most folks.
    03-12-09 04:08 PM
    Yes i am logged in of course!!

Smashtheqube.... any more info? Why would it just stop working?
    03-12-09 04:09 PM
    I have the same problem, but on BIS. Everything worked fine until I installed the new iVista theme - did not like it - went back to my old theme and suddenly notifications are appearing on my computer email but not on the BB mail or FaceBook app. I've checked and tried everything I can think of...HELP!!!
    03-12-09 04:14 PM
    My FB application sends them to my SMS. It comes as a text message.
    03-12-09 04:47 PM
    the SMS function is a completely different function. You do not need the FB app for the SMS's
    03-13-09 03:51 AM
    well I have the same problem and my notifications have also stopped
    03-13-09 04:50 AM
    When did they stop? Did you change anything?
    03-13-09 04:56 AM
    I've just confirmed mine is not working.

I haven't made any changes. Last worked Late 10th March.

Had a notification in Gmail on 12th March that didn't come through teh facebook App.

It did however get filtered out of my email account (on the handheld only).

I have not updated the Application and I have not updated the OS (or instaklled any apps) since tuesday. It has simply stopped.
    03-13-09 05:13 AM
    well mine also just stopped working...

was with BB support ( RIM) for over 2 hours yesterday but nothing worked they even made me wipe the handset and all but nothing worked at all thats it just dot get them I am sure its something to do with facebook.
    03-13-09 05:28 AM
    I've just confirmed mine is not working.

I haven't made any changes. Last worked Late 10th March.

Had a notification in Gmail on 12th March that didn't come through teh facebook App.

It did however get filtered out of my email account (on the handheld only).

I have not updated the Application and I have not updated the OS (or instaklled any apps) since tuesday. It has simply stopped.
    Ok Got mine working. I don't know if its somethign I have done or it just started on its own.

I cleared the Cache in teh facebook application, unticked "Leave notifications on server" then Reticked it immediately. I then exited the screen and saved changes. Got a friend to send me a notification and it worked.
    03-13-09 05:30 AM
    well I did all that but still nothing

also can you tell me what email are you using?

I use yahoo
    03-13-09 05:44 AM
    I use gmail but That wont be the problem. The problem is once the email has been received by the blackberry device.
    03-13-09 05:46 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD