Is anyone experiencing errors using the FB app? I cannot change status, click like, comment on other's photos or status messages; I get error messages saying I am not allowed to do this, or that there is an error communicating with FB, among others.

I use my Bold with TMO in Puerto Rico.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 09:56 PM
    I've been having connectivity problems with FB off and on all day. Glad to know it's not just me or the area I'm in. BTW, I'm with TMO in CA.
    I should add that I have no prblem connecting via computer, only on the BB.
    06-20-10 10:00 PM
    I've been having connectivity problems as well. hope they fix its annoying.
    06-20-10 10:25 PM
    I also have been having connectivity problems for the past couple of hours I have TMO in IL.
    06-20-10 10:32 PM
    Near St Louis on ATT in IL. Can't send comments.

06-20-10 10:34 PM
    My wife and I are also having facebook problems in NYC.

06-20-10 10:52 PM
    Problems in Cali also... Error messages every time I try to refresh

06-20-10 10:54 PM
    I'm having problems as well.

Sprint - Northeast
    06-20-10 10:57 PM
    This must be a problem with facebook then, because I'm having this problem... I was losing my mind. I'm in Toronto, btw.

Everything else works... I was uploading pics and the newsfeed is updating nicely, but I can't post anything at all.
    06-20-10 11:04 PM
    Just thought id give a heads up i got my hands on facebook 1.8! its amazing! im not even a member of the blackberry beta zone!
    06-20-10 11:17 PM
    How did you get FB 1.8?

It seems a general issue then with the app tonight. Oh well, patience...

06-20-10 11:25 PM
    I think this has something to do with the recent addition to the "Like" button on comments because the night that it was snuck into the comments (Saturday night) is the same night I started having problems with it. For now I'm just using the mobile site.
    06-20-10 11:27 PM
    Google! i found an exterior site hosting 1.8 i dont know how but they had a copy just sitting there and i saw the trick, sign in on 1.7 restart phone and ur logged in without a keycode
    06-20-10 11:28 PM
    I'm having trouble as well!
    06-20-10 11:30 PM
    My notifications are coming through fine, but when I try to do ANYTHING ("liking" something, responding to a comment, writing on a wall, updating my status, etc.), I get nothing but assorted error messages. I even tried deleting the app itself and starting over, and that was a huge mistake. I barely got logged back in. It literally took six tries before I was in.

But, my area has been having a BIS issue. My 9700 and my friend's 8310 have both been constantly switching to GSM and not letting us on the Internet. I've went over a day with no BIS connectivity at all, unless I use the Wi-Fi at my house (and even that is iffy sometimes).

It's NOT an AT&T issue (even though both of our BlackBerrys are AT&T), because all of my friends with iPhones are having no trouble. Neither are my friends with dumb phones (Samsung Flight, Impression, Razr, etc.). It's a BlackBerry issue, and it's pissing me off.
    06-20-10 11:32 PM
    Having the same annoying issues as everyone else, in FL -___-
    06-20-10 11:51 PM
    I'm having this issue is BC. Thank goodness it isn't only me.

06-20-10 11:56 PM
    Ohhhhh it seems I have awakened the monster, LOL! I tried again and still got error messages after actions like comments, likes, photo tags, etc.

06-20-10 11:59 PM
    Same issue. Toronto, ON.
    06-21-10 12:08 AM
    Keep those reports coming!!

06-21-10 12:19 AM
    Why is this in the Bold 9700 thread? Is there not a specific thread for BlackBerry apps or troubleshooting?

What does a Facebook screwing up have to do with a Bold 9700?
    06-21-10 12:46 AM
    I'm getting the same problems. It looks to be, facebook BROKE their API again. It won't be fixed for a while as I know they take forever to fix that up,

So basically, blackberries are censored from using the website.

Massive fail zuckerberg. Thanks allot.

06-21-10 12:59 AM
    Same issue. Toronto, ON.
    Being at the much music video awards filming stuff using a homemade monopod, I didn't get to post any photos taken there either, it wouldn't let me. Stupid errors.

06-21-10 01:02 AM
    Why is this in the Bold 9700 thread? Is there not a specific thread for BlackBerry apps or troubleshooting?

What does a Facebook screwing up have to do with a Bold 9700?
    It's affecting every blackberry capable of running the facebook app. So naturally, there's going to be a thread in most sections.

06-21-10 01:04 AM
    Google! i found an exterior site hosting 1.8 i dont know how but they had a copy just sitting there and i saw the trick, sign in on 1.7 restart phone and ur logged in without a keycode
    Thanks for the tip.

06-21-10 01:56 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD