I know that the FB app is talked about on here lots about how rubbish it is but last night I was chatting to my brother about it and he said his was fine. I asked to look ad it does seem great on his but he has a Curve (sorry I do not know what version!) How can it work great on his when My one takes ages to load and slows the whole phone down when its running? I thought it should run much better on a 9700! I have un installed and batt pulled loads of times

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 06:44 AM
    you probably should post your OS version/carrier and what Fb App version you are running.
    I myself am on a hybrid OS from the Cb forums, as well as a hybrid Fb app.
    seems fine for me now, and prior to the switch (the most current RIM Fb app)
    07-02-10 07:29 AM
    the facebook app is absolutely horrible on any blackberry. anyone that disagress, hasnt used the fb app on another platform and seen the way its really suppose to work or is just in denial. im a bb fan and i can be honest about just how bad the fb app for bb is.
    07-02-10 09:34 AM
    the facebook app is absolutely horrible on any blackberry. anyone that disagress, hasnt used the fb app on another platform and seen the way its really suppose to work or is just in denial. im a bb fan and i can be honest about just how bad the fb app for bb is.
    +1.

It's way better on every other device. The FB app is so bad on bb's that I prefer to use the mobile site through the browser instead of the app.
    07-02-10 09:38 AM
    I'm sick of the FB app, and, while you guys say it's WAY better on other devices, I have to disagree. I've worked with the official Android FB app and, well, it's only MARGINALLY better.

The best FB experience you can get on a BB is to drop the app, download BOLT browser, and access the full (not mobile) version of the FB site. Honestly, other than the slower speed over 3G/Edge, it reminds me of using FB on Firefox on my PC.
    07-02-10 09:45 AM
    I myself am on a hybrid OS from the Cb forums, as well as a hybrid Fb app.

Hmmm. A hybrid FB app? Where can I find this, sir?
    07-02-10 10:10 AM
    yes the facebook app blows however the 1.8 beta is much faster in respects of loading so if that your issue with it try upgrading worked wonders on my 9700 the CODs r posted in the 3rd party app forum
    07-02-10 10:18 AM

This sounds more like a complaint that should be made towards the designer of the app, not the phone the app runs on.
    07-02-10 10:36 AM
    I actually find the bb facebook app to be quite useful. I do have an ipod touch and agree that it looks sleeker and has more functionality, but facebook beta 1.8 loads faster in my opinion and the notifications are a lot better. I get facebook notifications instantly on my bb, but the ipod touch sometimes takes up to an hour to notify me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 08:33 PM
    yes the facebook app blows however the 1.8 beta is much faster in respects of loading so if that your issue with it try upgrading worked wonders on my 9700 the CODs r posted in the 3rd party app forum
    Where is version 1.8 available pls? Thanks.
    07-04-10 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD