Alright..we all know it and being a developer myself it pisses me off, but the Facebook App for Blackberry sucks. I wont go into details about it but for anyone interested I did find a handy alternative. I'm not sure how well this works on non-webkit browsers (that is, those of you running < 6.0) but the mobile site for the iphone works great. Simply go to touch.facebook.com on your browser.
    01-03-11 01:32 PM
    Very interesting, I really like it. Looks just like my iPod Touch.
    01-03-11 01:40 PM
    This is not new knowledge...

alexranc: If you have a 9700 why not just use m.facebook.com?
    01-03-11 01:43 PM
    I've used both mobile sites and prefer http://m.facebook.com. http://touch.facebook.com does not offer the "most recent" news feed option unless I've just missed it - without "most recent" you are dependent on "News Feed", where FB decides which updates it will show you.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-03-11 10:52 PM
    I've used both mobile sites and prefer Welcome to Facebook | Facebook. Welcome to Facebook | Facebook does not offer the "most recent" news feed option unless I've just missed it - without "most recent" you are dependent on "News Feed", where FB decides which updates it will show you.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    I have noticed that exact same flaw with the touch.facebook.com site which is a shame as it's a nice decent compromise between the mobile and the full site.

I did used to like lite.facebook.com but they've stopped that now so we're stuck with the choices we know.

But to the OP it sucks how poor the FB app is in comparison to other platforms FB apps.
    01-04-11 08:05 AM
    I was also disappointed with just having the "Recent News" tab. No worries though, if you click on the "News Feed" tab it will turn into a "Live Feed" tab.

Another tip, while on touch.facebook.com click on the news feed tab so you can view your live feed. Then, click on the menu button and select "Add to Home Screen". You will now have a Facebook icon on your home screen that will take yo directly to your live feed.

Edit: The only bug I have found is being unable to view pictures posted on the news feed. For some reason when I click on one I get redirected to my profile. The only way around this is to hold the trackpad over the picture and then click on "view image". This will only show the thumbnail but its better than nothing. Apart from that, viewing pictures in albums actually works pretty great.
    Last edited by alexranc; 01-04-11 at 01:10 PM.
    01-04-11 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD