Don't know if there are other threads about this, so I apologize if there is.

Does anybody knows if RIM is planning to release an update to the facebook app? I'm pretty sure there's lots of BB users that are eagerly waiting for this update.

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 09:31 PM
    They update it from time to time. Moving thread to Native Apps Forum
    05-05-10 09:50 PM
    I don't like the app that much, so I dont even use it anymore.
    05-05-10 09:53 PM
    I agree, its awful, I hope they put out an update soon
    05-06-10 12:21 AM
    I heard somewhere that they're re-hauling it by the end of the year. though of course, with RIM you never know.
    05-06-10 02:12 AM
    lol. i used it today. it's so crap lol. took me 5 minutes to find out how to view my own profile
    05-06-10 07:09 AM
    I've given up on any app for Facebook. It's just easier to go to the mobile page on the browser. Gonna figure out how to upload pics to it, and I'm good to go.
    05-06-10 09:00 AM
    I've given up on any app for Facebook. It's just easier to go to the mobile page on the browser. Gonna figure out how to upload pics to it, and I'm good to go.
    Under Settings --> Mobile --> and Click the link at the top right that says "Go to Facebook Mobile"

You can create a special email account where you can email pictures and videos to that account from your phone and it will post them. Once I found this, I don't even use the Facebook BlackBerry app anymore!
    05-06-10 09:20 AM
    I like the app for the push notifications but I agree, it is slow and not exactly friendly.

Hopefully they'll give it an overhaul soon.
    05-06-10 09:34 AM
    I like the user experience of the Facebook application, but I had to uninstall it because it was draining my battery. All of the social networking applications drain the battery pretty badly. I had the Twitter and Facebook applications downloaded and my device would last about 10 hours. After I deleted them, my device was at about 60 percent strength after 12 hours. That's a huge difference. I know just go onto Facebook and Twitter through the browser. You get your messages through email or SMS anyway so you still have the push notifications.

05-08-10 01:23 PM
    I like the user experience of the Facebook application, but I had to uninstall it because it was draining my battery. All of the social networking applications drain the battery pretty badly. I had the Twitter and Facebook applications downloaded and my device would last about 10 hours. After I deleted them, my device was at about 60 percent strength after 12 hours. That's a huge difference. I know just go onto Facebook and Twitter through the browser. You get your messages through email or SMS anyway so you still have the push notifications.

The Twitter apps tend to drain your battery because they automatically update. You an go into the settings and set them to manually refresh, that will fix that issue.
    Last edited by J_5; 05-08-10 at 01:38 PM.
    05-08-10 01:34 PM
    Under Settings --> Mobile --> and Click the link at the top right that says "Go to Facebook Mobile"

You can create a special email account where you can email pictures and videos to that account from your phone and it will post them. Once I found this, I don't even use the Facebook BlackBerry app anymore!

Done and DONE this weekend!

I'm doing everything I used to do with the FB app, but without the FB app. Updating status, uploading pics, and viewing the site (through browser).

Awesome.
    05-10-10 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD