I am curious as to why I no longer recieve ANY notifications on my Facebook App anymore. I used to, but now I don't. Anyone experience this problem and/or have a solution?
    05-02-10 01:45 PM
    I had the same problem with my Curve 8330 (I recently upgraded to the Storm 2)... I would usually just uninstall/reinstall and that corrected the issue for me...

Also, just to cover all of the bases: is the email address you receive your Facebook emails still synced to your phone?
    05-02-10 01:50 PM
    I had the same problem with my Curve 8330 (I recently upgraded to the Storm 2)... I would usually just uninstall/reinstall and that corrected the issue for me...

Also, just to cover all of the bases: is the email address you receive your Facebook emails still synced to your phone?
    I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, logging out/logging back in; and yes the email address where I recieve my notifications for Facebook is the same one synched with my phone. Now that you mention it, for the longest time I would get email notifications for Facebook on my laptop at home, but not on my Storm. I'd log into my email on my laptop to find at times over 100 notifications which at first I would go and delete them all. Now I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I got so sick of this that I began putting the Facebook notifications into my spam folder on my my laptop so they would no longer clutter my inbox. Not sure if that has anything to do with it...
    05-02-10 02:03 PM
    I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, logging out/logging back in; and yes the email address where I recieve my notifications for Facebook is the same one synched with my phone. Now that you mention it, for the longest time I would get email notifications for Facebook on my laptop at home, but not on my Storm. I'd log into my email on my laptop to find at times over 100 notifications which at first I would go and delete them all. Now I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I got so sick of this that I began putting the Facebook notifications into my spam folder on my my laptop so they would no longer clutter my inbox. Not sure if that has anything to do with it...
    When you sync you Facebook to your email...the Facebook notifications take precedent over getting emails on your blackberry.

I, too, haven't been receiving any notifications. I may receive one of every 15. I hope OS 6 resolves the lacking issues with Facebook.
    05-02-10 02:09 PM
    Theres no way to fix it! The app is the one that is not working correctly. This has been an issue for a looooooong time.

Facebook 1.8 is suppose to come out "this month" with a lot of fixes.

Facebook for BlackBerry v1.8 – Coming May 2010

* Faster load times
    * Video uploading
    * Replacing BIS-E notifications with BlackBerry Push APIs

Facebook for BlackBerry v2.0 – Coming by end of year

* User interface redesign
    * People Search
    05-02-10 02:14 PM
    Theres no way to fix it! The app is the one that is not working correctly. This has been an issue for a looooooong time.

Facebook 1.8 is suppose to come out "this month" with a lot of fixes.

Facebook for BlackBerry v1.8 Coming May 2010

* Faster load times
    * Video uploading
    * Replacing BIS-E notifications with BlackBerry Push APIs

Facebook for BlackBerry v2.0 Coming by end of year

* User interface redesign
    * People Search
    I'll believe that when I see it.
    05-02-10 02:23 PM
    Me too lol
    05-02-10 02:37 PM
    If you never figured out a solution resending the service books worked for me.
    05-04-10 03:29 AM
    ^ nope that didn't work for me...I just started using social scope and that has worked better for me as far as using FB on the BB is concerned...
    05-04-10 04:47 AM
    I had moved my notifications to another folder as well (within my email application) and stopped receiving notifications on my BB. I had to let them go into the in box and not auto move anywhere.

As far as Social Scope goes...would be nice but isn't that the app still in beta by (non existant) invite only or am I confusing applications?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by French; 05-04-10 at 06:25 AM.
    05-04-10 06:22 AM
    I had moved my notifications to another folder as well (within my email application) and stopped receiving notifications on my BB. I had to let them go into the in box and not auto move anywhere.

As far as Social Scope goes...would be nice but isn't that the app still in beta by (non existant) invite only or am I confusing applications?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm pretty sure you're confusing that with something else. Social Scope was pushed to all Storm2, which should a icon link to the direct download.
    05-04-10 08:49 AM
    Make sure that your notifications on the actual facebook site are active. I was having an issue with not receiving notifications when people made a comment on my status, so i went into the facebook site and saw that my notifications for status comments was unchecked for the email portion (don't use SMS). After that, i have been getting my all notifications and never had a problem with my notifications besides that one instance. Good luck
    05-04-10 09:05 AM
    I'm pretty sure you're confusing that with something else. Social Scope was pushed to all Storm2, which should a icon link to the direct download.
    SocialScope is the invite only app in beta. Social Beat is the Verizon app being pushed to us
    05-04-10 09:42 AM
    ^ ahh...my mistake. sorry for the misinformation then
    05-04-10 10:56 AM
    As you can see, you're not the only one with this issue and its all points to the app itself. I am starting to hate this worthless excuse for a FB app.

Every since I've been using it, I would either
    a) Get notifications instantly
    b) Get them minutes to hours later, and in one case, days later. WTF?
    c) Get no notifications at all.

Everything is set up correctly and it seems these issues happen randomly. Its never consistent.
    Its the worst thing about this app except for the extremely long load times for the simplest things. (even on WiFi)
    As I said...worthless excuse for a FB app.
    05-04-10 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD