I have a very weird situation, I've googled this for days and haven't come up with anything, so I am hoping someone here has come across this problem.

For some reason, my facebook is automatically sending weird messages to my friends and family via private message, with random subject lines, like "Here it is!", and "Cheers!" and so on... In the body of the message, it will include a random link like this one:

Hi http://mail2bobbyraj.____

I've removed the .extention on the link above to prevent people from clicking in case it is not safe.

The bottom of the message says: Sent via Facebook Mobile, just like any other message that gets sent via the facebook app.

Has this happened to anyone before? Or know what's causing it? How to fix it?

It did this a week ago while I had my Storm 1 still. Now, it's doing it with my Storm 2 as well.
    04-02-10 05:41 PM
    You may want to contact FB if it's doing it on your laptop/pc as well. You may have gotten hacked
    04-02-10 06:05 PM
    Sounds like you got hacked on facebook. Change your password and you should be good!

Kat

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 06:32 PM
    But it's not happening from my laptop at all, and also it's sending anywhere from 50 to 80 private messages all at once, so it's definitely not a hack job, as nobody is able to send that many messages at the same time. I was told it's a problem with facebook app on blackberry, so I'm just hoping someone here knows something about this.
    04-02-10 06:55 PM
    You did infact get hacked. I have seen it happen before. It doesn't matter if a person isn't able to send that many messages at once, its another computer on the other end spamming.

Change your password and listen to the people trying to help you.
    04-02-10 07:27 PM
    You did infact get hacked. I have seen it happen before. It doesn't matter if a person isn't able to send that many messages at once, its another computer on the other end spamming.

Change your password and listen to the people trying to help you.
    I changed my password already when they first suggested it, just because it couldn't hurt anything.

But if you're so sure it's a hack job, would you mind explaining to me why my Message folder icon on my phone has every one of those private messages listed there as being sent from my phone? Unless someone hacked their way into my phone, it just doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not trying to be rude to you or anything, I'd just like to understand how, or why it's doing this.

Edit:
    And by Message folder I mean the folder that's on the phone itself, that shows missed calls, facebook status/messages, etc...
    04-02-10 07:34 PM
    Well, i can tell you that they are showing up on the phone because having your BB linked to your FB page it is going to update whenever you open it, so if you open facebook and check your messages it is going to be in there. I highly doubt they hacked your phone. When people hack facebook accounts, it is generally not to get anything substantial... More or less to **** you off and hack other peoples accounts as well (by using those messages) it is known as Phishing
    04-02-10 07:37 PM
    I see, I wasn't aware that it would download the sent messages to my phone even though they weren't sent from the phone. New lesson I guess.

Well hopefully that's what happened and changing password fixed it, because if that isn't it, it'll drive me crazy trying to figure this out.
    04-02-10 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD