My wife and I both have the Tour and upgraded our FB app to the newest version. I can check in using the Places feature but wife can not. On her option settings the FB Places feature will not allow her to check the box that says "Share my Location with Facebook". It is just greyed out. However, I can select it on my Tour. She has the GPS location turned on on her Tour.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a setting that is not checked? I checked her settings against mine and everything is the same. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    11-15-10 04:37 PM
    Mine didn't work till I turned my GPS off and then back on again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 07:49 PM
    My wife and I both have the Tour and upgraded our FB app to the newest version. I can check in using the Places feature but wife can not. On her option settings the FB Places feature will not allow her to check the box that says "Share my Location with Facebook". It is just greyed out. However, I can select it on my Tour. She has the GPS location turned on on her Tour.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a setting that is not checked? I checked her settings against mine and everything is the same. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Or maybe on her facebook settings she has places turned off. Check the settings for that on the desktop version

11-18-10 06:29 AM
    11-18-10 01:03 PM
    Indeed - also make sure that all her privileges are set to "ALLOW" in the app properties
    11-18-10 01:05 PM
    I am sorry to say that none of the solutions here are going to work!!! The problem lies in the application itself and research in motion. I wiped the phone- service books gps off then on etc and the problem remained. This is no surprise since research in motion has FAILED to correct the app world and paypal purchase apps isssue- IPHONE is looking kinda good right now- when I sign a contract for phones or buy them outright the damn thing should work BASICALLY! Very disappointed with RIM and BLACKBERRY at this time-

12-20-10 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD