I noticed last night that photos uploaded from my Tour (4.7.1.40) using Facebook app v 1.6.0.21 look like total ****. It COULD be a scaling issue, I mean it IS taking a 3.2MP image and cutting it back to 604x453, approximately 4CIF, but similar tests with pictures taken from my Tour and scaled in Photoshop, and ****, even MS Paint, do not provide the same ****-poor results.

Hope it gets fixed in a FB app update.
    07-21-09 06:02 PM
    I just uploaded some and they look awesome! I have my camera settings to max size and resolution, not sure why yours are commin out that way...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 07:35 PM
    Its a known issue with the FB app. It was the same on my Curve. Pictures are fine & then when you upload to FB through the app, they look grainy.
    07-21-09 08:21 PM
    I think it has to do with facebook itself. My friend is a photographer and always uploads her pictures with a note saying that FB messes with the resolution; lowering the picture quality.
    07-21-09 08:40 PM
    Yeah - I uploaded one last night and it looked great at first, however, on the computer it looks pixelated a bit.
    07-21-09 08:51 PM
    Damn I had no idea this was a Facebook problem I can't stand this! Anyone know when Facebook may be updated?
    07-21-09 09:09 PM
    ha yeah i had the same problem. instead i send the pictures as a email and when i have access to a computer i save them to desktop and upload them to facebook.
    07-21-09 10:22 PM
    To me it looks better then when I used to upload with my Curve. The curve was super grainy but the Tour is at least a bit better IMO
    07-21-09 11:37 PM
    i can't even get it to upload keeps giving me error can't upload. i tried reinstalling, allowing all, reset firewall, battery pull. still doesn't work. but i can send it through email.
    08-17-09 09:16 PM
    I have posted a bunch of pictures and they all look great. I have had an upload error a few times but when I retry it sends the pic through.
    08-17-09 10:09 PM
    I'm glad someone mentioned this b/c I posted some on Sunday and I thought they looked abnormally grainy on the PC. I'm sure everyone is thinking I have a POS smartphone. They were taken on the medium setting btw. What gives FB?
    08-18-09 06:37 AM
    Its a known issue with the FB app. It was the same on my Curve. Pictures are fine & then when you upload to FB through the app, they look grainy.
    It was the same way on my pearl.
    08-18-09 07:09 AM
    I will have to check this out when I get off. I uploaded one recently.
    08-18-09 07:26 AM
    I just uploaded some and they look awesome! I have my camera settings to max size and resolution, not sure why yours are commin out that way...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Same here. I have not had any problems at the max size and reolution settings.
    08-18-09 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD