I installed the new facebook app and now my calendar is just a mess. I have been looking on here trying to find some way to clear this mess up and have found a couple solutions but am still having problems. Facebook became my default calendar upon installation, it messed up my main calendar so I uninstalled the facebook app. Facebook was still some how my default calendar. I have gone into options-->advanced-->default settings and changed the default to what i want it to be ([email protected]). I also went and did the ol' options-->advanced-->service book and deleted the facebook [cical]. Thought all was good, but now when I sync up my outlook entries to my berry, it created a new calendar called device default. This is obviously not where i want my calendar entries to go. If anyone can help me on this issue and get me back on track that would be great.
    04-30-09 12:15 PM
    what version of 1.5 are you running?
    04-30-09 12:32 PM
    what version of 1.5 are you running?
    No version right now, I uninstalled it from my phone
    04-30-09 12:37 PM
    There are many helpful threads on this issue. If you had selected to link the calendars before you deleted the app, it would have gotten rid of it.

You could probably go into your Advanced Options and select Service Book. Delete Facebook (cical) and that should take care of it. However, I find that it comes back everytime I restart my berry.. anyone have a permanent fix on this?
    04-30-09 01:06 PM
    You could probably go into your Advanced Options and select Service Book. Delete Facebook (cical) and that should take care of it. However, I find that it comes back everytime I restart my berry.. anyone have a permanent fix on this?

Yes, I too do the same thing, but whenever I restart, there it is again... I would love a permanent fix!
    04-30-09 02:25 PM
    I picked this up from another part of the Crackberry website:
    Complete the following steps to verify and change the default calendar service:

From the BlackBerry smartphone Home screen, select Options.
    Select Advanced Options.
    Select Default Services.
    Press the BlackBerry menu key and then select Change Option to view and change the preferred calendar.
    05-01-09 01:09 PM
    Do people really have that many events on their facebook that it screws up their BB calendar that bad?
    05-01-09 01:15 PM
    I don't have that many events, but I couldn't figure out why DM was no longer synching my Outlook events with my BB. Un- and Re-installed DM 4.6 about three times. Thought it was a .266 issue. Never occurred to me it was a facebook issue.

Thanks, Canboy. Brilliant!

Rich
    05-01-09 02:40 PM
    Facebook 1.5.0.32 f'd things up. Facebook 1.5.0.34 fixed that calendar problem.

But the REAL problem is how the Calendar option on the Today themes only show entries from the default calendar, instead of ALL the calendars. I have calendar entries for work, and personal. And I like having them all visible on the main screen. That's gone now, and it really sucks. I'm considering wiping out my BB and hoping that it will work.. but there's so much other things on it now..*sigh*
    05-01-09 02:43 PM
    Hey, does Facebook App 1.5 work off of 3g, WiFi, or both?
    05-02-09 08:00 AM
    Hey, does Facebook App 1.5 work off of 3g, WiFi, or both?
    I woul say both, someone correct me if Im wrong..
    05-02-09 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD