I've used the Facebook application on all of my prior blackberry's with no complaints or trouble but then had to disable it when I had the red curve 8300. It would constantly send event notifications, requests, wall posts etc, on things I had already replied to or erased.

Since then I hadn't used it. I recently got a 8900 which I absolutely love. I transferred my data over to my new curve and set up the Facebook application, made sure all the information and emails were correct and I'm still unable to receive any notifications. I've since uninstalled, removed all email addresses, anything associated with blackberry on my Facebook and re-installed everything making sure all the emails were correct etc.

It's STILL not working! . Could this be just a glitch on Facebook, a glitch when I did a phone transfer or simply an email address gone awry?
    02-28-09 04:19 PM
    It could be any one of those things you've listed. Are you sure your facebook settings are set to give you notifications in the first place?
    02-28-09 04:21 PM
    Double, Triple and quadruple checked. All notifications are on. Would it just be easier to make a new blackberry email account and try that?
    02-28-09 04:24 PM
    Try this

Settins-options-adnanced options-host roting-then menu key and register now

It got mine working again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 05:06 PM
    Since you are with Rogers, if you are running the same OS that came with your device, I would highly recommend updating that.
    02-28-09 05:17 PM
    Update to which one?... Will youtube be functional with this os?

p.s problem with facebook solved ty very much for the help
    03-01-09 03:39 AM
    .168 just came out yesterday and it has been great for me so far and also many others. Seems to be getting really good reviews. I would try that one, there is a sticky at the top of the forum for it and the upgrade procedure link is in my signature.
    03-01-09 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD