Hey, I'm switching back to my Storm soon (I can't stand Android), and I'm really trying to make sure it's worth it. So one of the biggest things was; how's the Facebook app now? I remember it was terrible a year ago. Has it changed?
    08-28-10 09:19 PM
    Still crap

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 09:28 PM
    Ugh.

How so?
    08-28-10 09:34 PM
    I think the blackberry facebook app is way better then androids. Expecially after the latest update.
    08-28-10 09:35 PM
    Oh, Androids is terrible. Absolutely terrible. I use Bloo (third party). It's much nicer.

But I can't remember, is it push notifications, and can I get notified on status/picture comments, wall posts, pokes, and friend requests? That's really all I need.
    08-28-10 09:37 PM
    Yes, notifications is why the blackberry facebook app is perfect. Well for me anyway.
    08-28-10 10:00 PM
    Ok, cool. I'll probably activate it in a few hours and give the Storm another shot until Windows Phone 7 lol... Thanks for your help.
    08-28-10 10:04 PM
    Well, aside from not always sending notifications and opening blank messages, it's fine...lol! I guess I'm in the minority, but the previous version worked fine for me, but the new one is garbage. That said, it doesn't upset me because it's not important to me...at all.
    08-28-10 11:06 PM
    I don't know about everyone else but to me the new facebook app version that just releases 1.8 has been extremely better and faster than previous. When I open the app the new streams show up quickly and you can refresh a lot faster.
    08-29-10 01:49 AM
    I don't know about everyone else but to me the new facebook app version that just releases 1.8 has been extremely better and faster than previous. When I open the app the new streams show up quickly and you can refresh a lot faster.
    ^ Totally agree with this, I find myself using the Facebook app a lot more now that it doesn't lag whenever I try to use it.
    08-29-10 01:57 AM
    for me i preferred the previous version, which i had no issues with

the new one the notifications have a mind of there own, missed a few sent yesterday, didn't know i had them till logged onto website today

calendar syncing is virtually non existent

contact syncing doesn't work unless i manually refresh the contacts
    08-29-10 03:18 AM
    contact syncing doesn't work unless i manually refresh the contacts
    I had to do that anyway with the old version .

I like the updated version, as mentioned it does seem to be alot faster across the whole site, notifications are fine for me, it hasn't missed one yet!

Now when will they include the chat feature?
    08-29-10 05:41 AM
    I have also found that i usually recieve notifications much quicker than i did with previous versions. I also get notifications via SMS and they usually arrive at the same time, Before there would be a 10 minute lapse in between getting the SMS note and getting the notification on the FB app itself. Much improved on this end
    08-29-10 09:54 AM
    The new version is better and faster.

08-29-10 10:21 AM
    For me, FB 1.8 is vastly improved over all previous versions. Every aspect is better. I've had no negative issues. YMMV

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-29-10 10:23 AM
    ..how's the Facebook app now?...
    brilliant and I dont use any app

get my notifications via email and view it directly over the web in column view

perfic
    08-29-10 10:24 AM
    Only difference I notice is it is faster, that is it for me. Really though, how nice does FB have to be? As long as it syncs and gives you notification's, then it is doing its job, no?

Are people that into the look of an app?

08-29-10 10:45 AM
    As long as it syncs and gives you notification's, then it is doing its job, no?
    If it did this then i would be happy with the app
    08-29-10 11:01 AM
    brilliant and I dont use any app

get my notifications via email and view it directly over the web in column view

perfic
    That's how I used to do it, but I was just wondering if anything has really improved. If I could lock certain apps, I'd be fine with this method, but I don't like having info in two places, as opposed to one hidden FB app..

friends mess with my phone a lot.
    08-29-10 11:18 AM
    The new one does work faster. But the UI hasn't changed. Still cluttered.
    08-29-10 12:34 PM
    The new version is faster and notifications are great. My only pet peeve with the app now is that if more than w person 'likes" a post of yours you can't view all of them and that you can't delete posts you have made if you make a spelling mistake for example. Other than that I'm happy with 1.8

Unless I've totally missed how to do these two things.

08-29-10 01:15 PM
    For me, FB 1.8 is vastly improved over all previous versions. Every aspect is better. I've had no negative issues. YMMV

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    couldn't agree more, loving fb 1.8
    08-29-10 02:08 PM
    The new version runs a lot faster and smoother, so I find myself using it a lot more. Only thing is that some of my notifications don't come through. But that's rare...

It is better than the FB client on Android. Most people I know that have Android use the touch.facebook.com mobile site, its a lot better than any app/client I've seen, IMO.
    08-29-10 02:45 PM
    Bloo for Android is by far the best Facebook app I've used... Better than the iPhone's just because it can run in the background. Well I might switch tomorrow morning, thanks for the replies.
    08-29-10 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD