Hey guys, I've been reading the threads on CB for a long time, you guys are awesome, used the search as usual to see if I could fix it but nothing turned up, so here goes...

My facebook alert goes off, as well as the icon notification. When I click on the actual app to see the alert there is nothing in the notification box, but when I click over to the mobile site there are new notifications. Any ideas to why this is happening? I did several battery pulls and nothing. Thanks for the help!
    08-05-09 11:47 AM
    Do you have the newest version of Facebook? And what OS are you running.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 12:01 PM
    Im on .148, and the facebook version is 1.6.0.21
    08-05-09 12:03 PM
    Im on .148, and the facebook version is 1.6.0.21
    Did it do it on .17 (facebook)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 12:24 PM
    Nope, and it was working fine on .21 because I've had it for a while, but this has been going on for the last week or so.
    08-05-09 12:26 PM
    Mine is doing the same thing. Althouth, as it sits now, the phone says 1 Facebook, there are none on the website.

...And I can not get the Facebook 1 icon off my homescreen.
    08-05-09 12:28 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I just downloaded the newest facebook app from app world. I'm on 4.5 from Sprint. It worked fine the 1st day I had it but I haven't received a notification since. Wtf?!
    08-05-09 12:42 PM
    Have any of you tried uninstalling facebook then reinstalling it? That's the one thing I didn't try.
    08-05-09 12:54 PM
    I'll add my "Me too!" post, although my issue is slightly different.

When I receive a FB message, I usually open the item from my message list. Within the last few days, doing this clears the alert but the FB application doesn't open. The new item is missing from the application when I open it manually (after clicking in the message), but is new and unread on the website.

Any ideas? I'm on .148 and FB 1.7
    08-05-09 01:05 PM
    here's what i've found out...

my friend's work just updated their BES policies, no longer allowing him to use his BIS account on his work phone...but he still has facebook app.....now i've always thought that the facebook app alerts were triggered by facebook email alerts delivered to the device, and then the app pulled data OTA...but he doesn't get any of the emails, and he still gets alerts. however, the app is very slow at rendering the content of said alert, sometimes nothing is there at all...seems to be a known issue, and hopefully is resolved soon. that **** is annoying!!!
    08-05-09 01:09 PM
    You are all lucky, I never get notifications. Do not why, all the setting are correct, just never get them. I basically chalk it up to the Storms inability to communicate 100% of the time.

It is a beta phone and we are luck it works
    08-05-09 02:31 PM
    ya im not getting notifications either, i was and all the sudden it stopped.
    08-05-09 02:38 PM
    ya im not getting notifications either, i was and all the sudden it stopped.
    This is exactly what happened to me. Worked great for a while then all of a sudden no alerts. I guess I'll try to delete it and reinstall. Is there an OTA install or do I use DM?
    08-06-09 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD