Hi all - I just upgraded to the BB Tour on Verizon from a BB Pearl.

On my Pearl, the Facebook application connected to my address book and everyone in my address book that was also on Facebook, their picture would appear.

On my Tour, this doesn't seem to be the case, even after selecting the option for it do so when first running the Facebook application.

Now I've noticed that I can MANUALLY choose to connect individuals one by one, but that seems ridiculous to do so with so many address book entries, especially when on my Pearl it did my entire address book in one fell swoop.

Any ideas of what's going on?
    10-08-09 10:37 PM
    Hi all - I just upgraded to the BB Tour on Verizon from a BB Pearl.

On my Pearl, the Facebook application connected to my address book and everyone in my address book that was also on Facebook, their picture would appear.

On my Tour, this doesn't seem to be the case, even after selecting the option for it do so when first running the Facebook application.

Now I've noticed that I can MANUALLY choose to connect individuals one by one, but that seems ridiculous to do so with so many address book entries, especially when on my Pearl it did my entire address book in one fell swoop.

Any ideas of what's going on?
    We noticed that as well, and have not found a workaround yet?
    10-08-09 11:16 PM
    I just got my tour last night and it linked my FB contacts to my address book. But I really don't like their picture showing up when they call. How do I make it stop doing that?
    10-09-09 03:12 PM
    Hmm...I stumbled in here hoping someone had found a solution! Unfortunately, even when I manually link the two, it still doesn't happen.
    10-09-09 06:53 PM
    I've been wanting to know a solution to this dilemma as well, I've heard wiping the device, deleting the application, people have tried lots and it's still synched with the address book...
    10-09-09 06:57 PM
    You can just turn it off in facebook to stop syncing them, but they will still be there. You can just change them as you do with any other contact. And mine all find the facebook contact automatically.
    10-09-09 06:57 PM
    friguy i have think you have the right solution for the wrong problem. We're wanting it to sync, and can't get it to.
    10-09-09 11:09 PM
    Bueller....Bueller....Anyone?
    10-13-09 12:30 AM
    If the e-mail address in the blackberry contact matches the facebook contact's e-mail address, the app will link them together. That's why I had to go through my friend list and add people's other e-mail addresses.

Now, if your e-mail addresses match and your app isn't automatically connecting your facebook contacts, perhaps you should try reinstalling the facebook app. My facebook app has always done the connecting for me automatically.
    10-13-09 03:17 AM
    I'm having a problem with this as well. My husbands facebook info doesn't show up in my contacts even though I have his email set up. But...another girl that is in my contacts with just a phone number and nothing else, her facebook picture appears. It seems that it's random...hmmmmm.
    10-23-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD