I've posted this in the 3rd party app section a while ago but never got much response so im just trying here.

if i get a notification on my bb that a friend requested me on facebook, i can not accept, deny or anything. the notification wont open and it pretty much can only sit in my inbox or be deleted. i've tried re-installing, ive gotten other tours for other reasons, but this issue always seems to happen.

Does this happen to anyone else? batter pulls dont work.

thanks!
    01-26-10 12:00 AM
    I have the same issue I think that is how the app is. If you get the text notifications on your phone you can accept friends by replying to the text, but the Facebook app for Blackberry is not the greatest. I normally just go to the mobile site and navigate from there. Hope this helps.
    01-26-10 10:55 AM
    I have the same issue I think that is how the app is. If you get the text notifications on your phone you can accept friends by replying to the text, but the Facebook app for Blackberry is not the greatest. I normally just go to the mobile site and navigate from there. Hope this helps.
    +1 sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, don't think it's really tour specific just that app in general...I usually just go to mobile site when stuff like that starts happening
    01-26-10 11:32 AM
    same here.. facebook is screwed up.. its been like that for some time now.

you have to log into the mobile site and then accept your friends
    01-26-10 11:39 AM
    I've never had this issue - I can open notifications in the fb app and confirm or ignore friend requests. FB can be very slow when updating status or news feed, or refreshing friends lists, but works well enough.
    01-26-10 01:20 PM
    Works for me too all the time. When you receive facebook messages/emails, is the envelope icon on the left replaced by a facebook icon?
    01-26-10 04:46 PM
    BB Facebook app is a little screwy sometimes.
    01-26-10 07:32 PM
    that is unfortunately one drawback to the BB FB App- No way to add friend unless through email through the app. but mobile site allows you to do so.
    01-26-10 09:20 PM
    I have the same issue! my fiance has the curve and he can accept or ignore friend requests, he just clicks on the notification and it opens! mine if i click it, it goes to options and then open, and nothing happens, like a dead button.
    02-04-10 01:04 PM
    not to thread jack but has anyone else been having problems with facebook? i go to facebook . com and try to log in, hit enter and it brings me right back to the login page.. idk what the heck is going on , but if i go to view full site and log in it works..wtf
    02-04-10 05:56 PM
    I have the same issue! my fiance has the curve and he can accept or ignore friend requests, he just clicks on the notification and it opens! mine if i click it, it goes to options and then open, and nothing happens, like a dead button.
    that is exaclty what happens to me! i know im a geek, but i hate this and it pisses me off, so i sent RIM a thing through their website to see if they can do anything. If i hear anything i'll post it up here...cross your fingers! lol
    02-05-10 03:14 PM
    I've never had this issue on the FB app. When the friend request comes it shows up like a post and when I click on it the bottom right has confirm or decline. But what I don't like is that if someone types you a message on their friend request to you, you are unable to view it nor do you even know there is one. I also wish you could see how many mutual friends you have on the FB friend request app on the BB like you can with the Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD