Just got an upgrade to Facebook for my Bold 9930 thru app world. Version 2.0.0.50
    09-29-11 06:29 AM
    same here on my 9900
    did you happen to catch the changelog, i saw a glimpse of it but then it started installing and now it doesn't show in the summary.
    09-29-11 07:18 AM
    Just got the update. Installing. Hope it fixes some of the news feed/notification issues people have been experiencing lately.
    09-29-11 07:26 AM
    Mine shows upgrade available, but when I go to the app in app world, the upgrade vanishes.
    09-29-11 07:47 AM
    I'm updating now.

Here's a screenshot of the change log:
    09-29-11 07:49 AM
    I wonder why sync was changed to have the default be disabled. It also added the ability to ask for phone numbers and emails of contacts.
    09-29-11 08:31 AM
    Well, I just got my first notification in a while, so that's good. Please notice that your options settings are completely reset by this upgrade. They must be set again (calendar, contacts, etc.). Two new options have been added, however, 1) send contacts' phone numbers to Facebook and 2) send contacts' email addresses to Facebook. Definitely uncheck!
    09-29-11 08:34 AM
    I wonder why sync was changed to have the default be disabled. It also added the ability to ask for phone numbers and emails of contacts.
    I read this as sending your contact's info to Facebook, Inc. That's what the fine print implies. I apologize if that's what you're saying.
    09-29-11 08:37 AM
    Yes, sorry, that's what I meant. It asks to send your BB Contacts' phone numbers and email addresses to Facebook and vice versa.
    09-29-11 08:41 AM
    I'm updating now.

Here's a screenshot of the change log:
    Click to view quoted image
    Does anyone know if the "logout issue" it refers to is when the app logs you out when you reset the phone? that kept happening to me and got annoying so i went to an older version.
    09-29-11 09:26 AM
    Yes, it seems to have fixed the notification errors since the Facebook updates last week. And it ALSO seems to have fixed not removing notifications from the webside after viewing on the device.
    09-29-11 10:00 AM
    The update still isn't showing up on mine. What gives?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-29-11 06:11 PM
    Does anyone know if the "logout issue" it refers to is when the app logs you out when you reset the phone? that kept happening to me and got annoying so i went to an older version.
    I updated my facebook version yesterday, but since the update it doesnt work anymore. If I remember it right, it was (before the update) 1.9.x which was fine.
    But I cant seem to find it anymore in the BB app world, how can you dl an older version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-11 01:03 AM
    What is it with this app anyway? If I get a Notification of a message in a particular group it just takes me to that Group - in the browser - not the actual new message. I have to then go hunting in the group to find the new message.

Effectively, this is a shortcut to the web based Facebook page? It's bloody annoying if so.
    09-30-11 01:34 AM
    What is it with this app anyway? If I get a Notification of a message in a particular group it just takes me to that Group - in the browser - not the actual new message. I have to then go hunting in the group to find the new message.

Effectively, this is a shortcut to the web based Facebook page? It's bloody annoying if so.
    The app still doesn't support groups at all, which is stupid.
    09-30-11 04:30 AM
    got it cant see any difference however it appears to be bug
    fixes only ,also what are we expecting next from facebook ??
    whats the next big aim ?
    09-30-11 05:54 AM
    I updated my facebook version yesterday, but since the update it doesnt work anymore. If I remember it right, it was (before the update) 1.9.x which was fine.
    But I cant seem to find it anymore in the BB app world, how can you dl an older version?

I had to wipe my phone because of another 3rd party app messing it up. When I re-installed I left the pre-installed version of facebook and never updated. That's a lot of work just to get an old version of facebook but I happened to be doing it anyway so..
    09-30-11 08:07 AM

I found it the other day...

MyBBOTA.com Download - Facebook 1.9.0.26

Unlike any other link I've tried over the weeks this does give you the 1.9 version....and I downloaded it onto my PC first and ran all my antivirus stuff, then put it on my phone.

It's working brilliantly...
    Ang x

Copy and paste the link...
    09-30-11 03:17 PM
    Loads a lot faster and "Pokes" actually show up under notifications.

09-30-11 04:57 PM
  20. R.I.P. Montr�al Expos 1969-2004's Avatar
    Did the upgrade, reboot my phone... now the app disapeared. When I go on the app world... the app shows ''uninstalled'' but no button to install it... anyone has a way to fix this please??

Thanks a lot in advance!!
    09-30-11 05:35 PM
    Is there a way to get to the old version of Facebook? None of my notifications are coming to my messages folder I have to go into Facebook app for the notification. TIA
    10-01-11 12:14 AM
    Is there a way to get to the old version of Facebook? None of my notifications are coming to my messages folder I have to go into Facebook app for the notification. TIA
    I posted a link to it about two post up from this....
    10-01-11 05:01 AM
    I posted a link to it about two post up from this....
    It shows as text only. You may not have had enough posts (10) at the time to imbed links here.
    Google is your friend. Try it. Saves a lot of time waiting for others to provide information for you.
    Take your pick of links from the results below. It looks to be extracted from the 97xx OS. You have not posted your device in your profile...
    Let me google that for you
    10-01-11 05:35 AM
    Still not getting notifications for PMs which is very annoying. Its only started in the ast 2 or 3 versions.

10-01-11 06:14 AM
    The new version has restored my notifications. Looks like a great upgrade!
    10-01-11 06:51 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD