Is the 8100 compatable with the facebook application? I downloaded the application OTA, but when i try to log on, it just keeps trying and trying and doesnt get through. any thoughts?
    07-07-08 10:48 AM
    Are you positive that your entering your user name and password correctly?
    07-07-08 10:53 AM
    i use it on my 8100
    07-07-08 11:02 AM
    Are you positive that your entering your user name and password correctly?
    absolutely positive. i've tried it about 10 times...and i'm trying it again at this moment. it says "Contacting Facebook..." but never actually connects.

I hit 'cancel' to stop it from trying to connect and I get a message that says the following: "You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application. Please contact your service provider for additional information or to upgrade your current service plan."
    07-07-08 11:09 AM
    try uninstalling it under options/advanced options/applications then re install it
    07-07-08 11:12 AM
    and when it was setting up did you edit the permissions for it to allow connection?
    07-07-08 11:12 AM
    I use mine all the time and have no trouble with it...
    07-07-08 11:25 AM
    Question, do you have an unlimited data plan, pay as you go or no dataplan at all? The facebook application requires a data plan and from what I have seen on the facebook for blackberry blogs, most suggest unlimited data since it keeps the connection open all of the time. I have unlimited so I don't know if pay as you go or just the set amount of data plans work or not.

Here is a link to the facebook application user manual too: Livelink - Redirection
    Last edited by tourmalinecanyon; 07-08-08 at 10:55 AM.
    07-08-08 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD