Not so much a Crackberry question, but hoping there are some Facebook pros out there who can answer this for me. I just got Facebook installed on my BB and I really like it. After trading messages with someone on Facebook I started to wonder about something...

If you are sending messages to someone on Facebook who has NOT added you as a friend and you have NOT added them as a friend, can they see the "Photos of You" on your profile? Or just your profile pictures?

I have looked through the Facebook archives and cannot find an answer. Anyone know? Thanks!
    07-06-08 05:57 PM
    great question! i dont know though...i think they can probably see your limited profile
    07-06-08 06:05 PM
    "People who you interact with on Facebook in these ways will have temporary access to view a small portion of your profile. They will see Basic Info, Personal Info, Work Info, Education Info and Friends. Keep in mind that your friends will always be able to view your profile and your content, unless you have adjusted your privacy settings otherwise."

So, I guess that would mean that they can't see my photos then, right? Would the above be the definition of a 'limited profile'?
    07-06-08 06:07 PM
    how about lets test it out, search for Terry Stewart on FB, and send me a message, lol im a muscular black guy in cleveland ohio if there is more than one
    07-06-08 06:09 PM
    I'm in Cleveland (area) too!

Anyway, they can't see your photos.
    07-06-08 06:16 PM
    Couldn't find you.
    07-06-08 06:17 PM
    Really - I hope that is right! What if they click on your profile pic? I clicked on a profile pic of someone that sent me a message and it just showed me their profile pics.

I didn't realize that when other friends tagged you in photos it added them into your PHOTOS OF ME. Long story, but a long lost friend (one I'd have preferred to stay lost) found me on Facebook and I didn't want them seeing my pics.

So you think I'm safe?

Thanks a bunch!
    07-06-08 06:20 PM
    You can try messaging me (link in sig) and I'll tell you if I can see anything. I'll message you back and you can tell me if you see any of my pictures.

Your friend, is he in your network?
    07-06-08 06:22 PM
    No, I don't think he is. How would I know? I am really bad at Facebook. It confuses me!

Thanks for the help!
    07-06-08 06:26 PM
    i sent u a message, tell me if u ca =n see my profile or not
    07-06-08 06:28 PM
    No, I don't think he is. How would I know? I am really bad at Facebook. It confuses me!

Thanks for the help!
    If you guys are in the same Network and his profile is viewable by people in the network, then you would be able to see his pictures. His settings would allow you to see them without having to be his "friend"...
    07-06-08 06:30 PM
    I sent you a message Roxy - let me know how it goes. And THANKS for the help.
    07-06-08 06:31 PM
    Anneden, I couldn't see anything but your profile pics.

Success100, I could see ONE picture and your profile pics.
    I also noticed we have a mutual friend who happens to be my cousin. AND you graduated from the same high school as me (although I was 9 yrs earlier - 1994 BABY!) AND we are enrolled at the same University. lol
    07-06-08 06:34 PM
    Adjust your settings for friends only.
    But if you don't want people seeing your pics then don't put them up. Simple solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 06:36 PM
    thats nuts, what a small world, i sent u a friend request
    07-06-08 06:38 PM
    Adjust your settings for friends only.
    But if you don't want people seeing your pics then don't put them up. Simple solution.

i disagree, thats what privacy settings are for. some people dont want people who arent in their friends list to be able to see all of their photos.
    07-06-08 06:40 PM
    Solachia
    Thanks for the advice, however I was only asking because I joined Facebook because it seemed like a much more private version of Myspace. I have pics up for my friends and I thought that your friends only could see your pictures. I was concerned when I thought that perhaps someone who had messaged me could see my pics. Thanks Roxy for helping me. Appreaciate it!
    07-06-08 06:42 PM
    That's what I probably should have said. I was wondering if non-friends who message you can see photos you have been tagged in.
    07-07-08 08:24 AM
    I wasn't real impressed with the app, I found that I get better use out of the mobile site.

07-07-08 06:44 PM
    Opera Mini works good for Facebook too.

07-07-08 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD