Hi, just wanna ask if it is possible for Facebook app to work over wi-fi, cause i saw some post over the internet that it is possible. I am currently not under any data plan :x

Thanks
    03-21-10 07:01 AM
    you can't use the app but you can use m.facebook.com - basically the same thing imo - i just got a data plan on my phone and there isn't really any difference apart from being able to use wifi and email everywhere
    03-21-10 07:06 AM
    i am on wifi only now. and facebook is working for me.
    03-21-10 07:09 AM
    ah - my blackberry must be stupid then :S
    03-21-10 07:31 AM
    To stickshifty: how did you manage to do it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-10 07:40 AM
    i turned off the network. and turned onthe wifi here at work. facebook works, and google maps also work. it couldn't get my location tho.
    03-21-10 07:53 AM
    Aw, it couldn't work at all! I wonder what's wrong.. Are you under data? And you please give a little more detailed insruction please?
    I would really really appriciate your help!

03-21-10 08:05 AM
    Aw, it couldn't work at all! I wonder what's wrong.. Are you under data? And you please give a little more detailed insruction please?
    I would really really appriciate your help!

is it turning off the network and turning off wifi you need help with?

If you go into mange connections you can turn off the network and turn on wifi
    03-21-10 12:14 PM
    yes, i did that but i still can't connect to the facebook app.
    03-22-10 02:46 AM
    If you turn off the network then your phone is no longer a phone. It is just a wifi browsing device.
    03-22-10 04:35 AM
    did you give it time for the wifi symbol to turn white? mine takes a min now and then
    03-22-10 08:44 AM
    the problem i have seen is facebook oddly turns off the wifi connection when i was connected to wifi before facebook opens...when i close facebook and try to turn my wifi connection on again it attempts but doesn't succeed...anyone else expeeriencing this? i just recently updated to sprint os 5.0.0.459
    03-24-10 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD