I've read a few rants of people complaining about the Facebook app that RIM develops, about how it should be more like the iPhone Facebook app (which I don't mind using, I've used it on occasion but never really saw much difference between the two). So in reading about Facebook 3.0 I noticed the change log:

It�s time to whip out your rosary/tallit/tasbih/whatever and start praying like you�ve never prayed before. That�s right folks, Facebook 3.0 has just been submitted to the App Store. We�re not insinuating that we believe one of Apple�s App Store approval monkeys will roll his or her icosahedral die and have it settle on �deny the app without cause just for the **** of it� (actually, we are), but we just can�t stand waiting another day for the fifteen new features Facebook 3.0 has in tow. Hit the jump for the complete change log.

Thanks, Tony!

* The �new� News Feed
    * Events (including the ability to RSVP)
    * Notes
    * Pages
    * Create new photo albums
    * Upload photos to any album
    * Zoom into photos
    * Easier photo tagging
    * Profile Pictures albums
    * A new home screen for easy access to all your stuff, search, and notifications
    * Add your favorite profiles and pages to the home screen
    * Better Notifications (they link to the comments so you can reply)
    * Quickly call or text people right from the Friends page
    * Messages you are typing will be restored if you quit or are interrupted by a phone call

If you�re a bit sour that Facebook 3.0 will not feature Push Notifications (which is to debut in Facebook 3.1), just remember what dear old dad told you before you went out on your first date: beggars can�t be choosers.
    We don't have the ability to say we "Like" something so that's a minor improvement.

We can't pull up Events (the details anyway) but we always had the ability to RSVP.

We could create photo albums and upload photos to any album we wanted. As well as zoom and tag photos.

We could also look up profile pictures albums. We have a similar home page (although having saved links to profiles and what not is cool).

The notifications updates we already have. As is the option to quickly text (MMS included) or call someone from Facebook.

...Blackberries have never had a problem with the last one. And still no Push.

Is the Facebook app for the iPhone garbage? Nope, not saying that. I think many folks have this warped view that the iPhone and it's apps are perfect yet I remember reading an op-ed about the Blackberry and iPhone and the writer put it best...it's what goes on behind the scenes that aren't directly noticeable that really wows users. Seems like with the Facebook app, the same rationale applies. There are somethings that Facebook 3.0 is adding that I could've never lived without before hand.

Now RIM...when you update Facebook to be 5.0 compatible...add a few of those features above and dammit let me pull up full event details, photos, and wall posts, lol.
    08-28-09 01:46 PM
    I think enabling chat in the BB version would be a huge step forward.
    08-28-09 01:52 PM
    I think enabling chat in the BB version would be a huge step forward.
    QFT. I dont see whats so hard. Id much rather have fb chat than all these other features they keep adding.
    08-28-09 08:49 PM
    Facebook chat is what my wife shows me on her phone every time I say I like my storm facebook app better. I never use it but would be a nice feature to have

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 09:57 PM
    The iphone facebook app is superior to the crackberry version in every way possible

08-29-09 11:34 PM
    I thought the most recent app for the storm was a major disappointment. Its really slow doesn't really offer many features. I really hope rim takes a good look at the iphone Facebook app and not only matches but improves it.

08-30-09 12:57 AM
    Yeah I wonder what the latest version of Facebook will be like since they have to release a new version thats compatible with the upcoming 5.0 OS.
    08-30-09 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD