I've got a Blackberry Curve, 8330 (v4.5.0.191) (Platform 3.4.0.62), currently have Facebook 1.9.0.28 installed, running fine. I've gotten a notification saying Facebook 2.0 is available, but I cannot download it for some reason. I go to the "Options" setting within Facebook, "Check for Upgrade," get a notification saying there's one available, etc. Click the "Yes" button to perform the update, which opens the BlackBerry Browser. The page ends up being blank.

Have tried various emulation modes with the BlackBerry browser, as well as trying to get -somewhere- using Opera, which is also installed on my phone with no avail. I have no cord to sync my phone to my computer and do it that way, as I moved and a few things were misplaced.

Have gone to Facebook.com both in Opera and the BlackBerry browser, using the link that suggests to download Facebook for my phone (near the bottom), and those results are the best I've been able to get thus far. I click the green "Install Now" button, which takes me to a page with a "Download Now" button. I click. It proceeds to ask for my preferred language, although the scroll menu doesn't actually show anything when I click on it. I can take screen shots if need be. But I just leave it as it is, assuming "English" is selected by default, click next. Takes me to a page asking to wait while it's installed to my device, then redirects to another page saying "Your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Facebook." This is incorrect. The first thing I did before even trying to download the update was check to see if my BlackBerry specs qualified (they do).

I've gone through the Blackberry App World, although it shows that the newest version of Facebook is 1.9.0.28, even though I know there was a recent release. My phone is entirely up to date, as far as OS and everything else goes.

Is there a place I could download the .jar/.jad file directly? or is there a fix for this?

Any help would be appreciated.
    07-29-11 01:33 AM
    Why don't you upgrade your OS? You're far behind. Latest Official OS: 8330 5.0.0.438
    I was jut about to give you the OTA links for Facebook 2.0, but they're only for devices with OS5 or OS6.
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 07-29-11 at 01:45 AM.
    07-29-11 01:38 AM
    My phone says there aren't any updates available.
    07-29-11 01:51 AM
    That's not what he said. The latest version of the software is what he indicated. Your phone and DM will only report what your carrier has deemed to be the latest they will support.
    07-29-11 06:01 AM
    The OS version I'm using is supported by the newest release of the Facebook application. I don't see how this "OS upgrade," even though my phone shows none are available, comes into play either way.
    07-29-11 08:13 AM
    Okay, so, found a USB cord to hook up to my phone directly. Downloaded the suggested link, installed it. Followed instructions. Loader.exe crashes when I open it. Any help?
    Last edited by ProoN; 07-29-11 at 11:10 PM.
    07-29-11 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD