There is a lag between real time notifications & my device getting push notifications on the new facebook app.
    So far I haven't even received any notifications from the facebook app today.
    Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    Like emails will work to my device, but not notifications from the application it self, and nothing I seem to do fixes that!
    08-19-10 12:39 PM
    I'm experiencing it too! How do you get the e-mails to your bb? I'm getting them late. Are you? I'm not even getting the notifications sent to my app. Idk if you read a thread about logging out of FB on your bb and later going to your Facebook and going to Application Settings and deleting FB for bb smartphone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-10 12:45 PM
    My notifications were coming through just fine for the first few hours. Sometime during the night they seemed to have stopped. Now there are none at all. I'm on version 1.8.0.49 and I've got a Bold 9700 running OS 5.0.0.656.

I've deleted and re-installed the app twice. To no avail.
    08-19-10 12:51 PM
    Hey Celine. Do you have a link to that thread? If you haven't noticed these things always happen when they do updates. They're probably just configuring everything properly for the new app. Have patience...
    Last edited by BETA13; 08-19-10 at 12:57 PM.
    08-19-10 12:55 PM
    @Beta13 Here it is:

by MaxPayne79:

alright fellas, so i think i figured out how to get this beta working again. i did my little trick on friday and it's been flawlessly working since then. so lets begin.

make sure u have 1.8 installed on ur bb, log out, hop onto ur pc and log into fb, go over to the account tab -> applications setting...delete "facebook for blackberry smartphones" the usual. log out. Log back into ur BB and let fb load. hop back onto ur pc and log back into fb but this time go -> account -> account settings -> notifications. What u should see is the majority of the options unselected both for sms and email delivery. leave it like that..except for 1. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and under "other applications" u should have "facebook for bb smarphones" it should be unselected. SELECT IT. don't worry, u will not get a single email. But this is what enables it to communicate with the handheld which is something it stopped doing. so...click it (in the email delivery column), save changes and log out. and thats it. Then test it with a poke or something. i have friend who always pokes me back...and her poke came through.

so try it out and if it works, spread the word aaaaand...let me know.

thanx.

08-19-10 12:59 PM
    My notifications were coming through just fine for the first few hours. Sometime during the night they seemed to have stopped. Now there are none at all. I'm on version 1.8.0.49 and I've got a Bold 9700 running OS 5.0.0.656.

I've deleted and re-installed the app twice. To no avail.
    this was happening for me aswell, i received them fine the first few hours, then went to work and sometime between when i started and finished my shift i just stopped getting notifications all together from the app. Was going to do a re-install but seeing as how you said it didnt work i dont think there is even a point?
    08-19-10 01:08 PM
    Even when I had 1.7, I always noticed there was a bit of a lag between the FB App notification and the emailed FB notification. But it's rarely more than 5 minutes. Not a deal breaker in my opinion. Something I can live with.
    08-19-10 01:08 PM
    Even when I had 1.7, I always noticed there was a bit of a lag between the FB App notification and the emailed FB notification. But it's rarely more than 5 minutes. Not a deal breaker in my opinion. Something I can live with.
    yah that was easy to live with, but now not receiving any notifications is a pain in the @ss!
    08-19-10 01:12 PM
    Thanks, Celine. I did those steps and now I'm getting everything just fine now. On the FB website under account settings > notifications the only thing I have checked is FB app for BB.
    08-19-10 02:06 PM
    used to get one notification to bb and one to my email (but not doubled on the bb)
    Not getting that now...anybody know how to fix?
    08-19-10 02:33 PM
    Thanks, Celine. I did those steps and now I'm getting everything just fine now. On the FB website under account settings > notifications the only thing I have checked is FB app for BB.
    Do you have your other stuff unchecked? As in Wall Posts, etc? And are you getting notifications on the FB app and the email on your bb?
    Last edited by celinelasvegas; 08-19-10 at 03:03 PM.
    08-19-10 03:00 PM
    it was working fine i get everything right away now with this new one nothing has come through
    08-19-10 06:26 PM
    Yes! I HATE the lag :s
    08-19-10 06:50 PM
    Me either. Having issue with the notifications. There will be a real time delay before it is pushed to my Blackberry.

08-19-10 07:21 PM
    this was happening for me aswell, i received them fine the first few hours, then went to work and sometime between when i started and finished my shift i just stopped getting notifications all together from the app. Was going to do a re-install but seeing as how you said it didnt work i dont think there is even a point?
    ya same here...mine is gone. exactly as u described. sometime during the night, they stopped and i've been fiddling with it since then and nothing. bupkis. worst of all, i cant get the 1.8 beta back cause all the OTA links have been taken down since the official release. ANd as u can see up above, i got the beta working fine but this problem is out of my hands. ((((
    08-20-10 12:56 PM
    If you are having issues with notifications you'll need to follow the steps in the KB below. It fixed my issues. RIM didn't do a very good job of disseminating this info to those that updated to 1.8.

KB17087-Notifications are received multiple times or none at all when using Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones
    08-20-10 12:59 PM
    If you are having issues with notifications you'll need to follow the steps in the KB below. It fixed my issues. RIM didn't do a very good job of disseminating this info to those that updated to 1.8.

KB17087-Notifications are received multiple times or none at all when using Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones
    what are u doing here...i just talked to u on blackberryforums lol! Are u stalking me, john?

anyway, i hope ur right. but i tried every combo of turing off and on notifications...reinstalling the app, deleting the BB FB app...n all kinds of sh*t and nothing. hope ur method will work.
    08-20-10 01:07 PM
    It's not my method. It's a knowledge base article from RIM. I did what it said and now my notifications are working normally.

The Facebook app has been updated and no longer uses BIS email for the notifications (this is the part that isn't well-known.) It uses a new BlackBerry Push API. So you have to turn off the email notifications in the options and check that box for "Facebook Notifications."

It worked for me.
    08-20-10 01:10 PM
    my friend had notification lag and not getting most of them. to fix it, just keep pulling the battery until it fix it self (do not soft reset like meterberry). i know its annoying but thats the fix for now.
    Last edited by Roweazie; 08-20-10 at 04:48 PM.
    08-20-10 01:18 PM
    not sure if i am missing something, but how is turning off email notifications a solution

If I turn off notifications how do I know about things when I am not using my blackberry, ie when I am doing something on my computer, and i dont leave the facebook page up constantly looking for notifications

previous way was best, the app intercepts the email and gives the notification, so when i am on my computer i still get the email
    08-20-10 04:17 PM
    not sure if i am missing something, but how is turning off email notifications a solution

If I turn off notifications how do I know about things when I am not using my blackberry, ie when I am doing something on my computer, and i dont leave the facebook page up constantly looking for notifications

previous way was best, the app intercepts the email and gives the notification, so when i am on my computer i still get the email
    Turning off "Email Notification" do not fix the API Notification. Email Notification also do not create conflict on API Notification.
    08-20-10 04:39 PM
    sorry if this was touched on already but I went in and checked my notification settings and reseted them to how I always have them. I like when I don't have my FB app up and running to get email notifications. But now when I have the app turned on I am getting both!! ugh! annoying! Anyone know how to fix this!
    08-20-10 04:41 PM
    Yeah I'm definitely not getting any notifications. And that's pretty much all that crappy app is good for.
    08-20-10 04:45 PM
    my notifications are back and working properly!
    08-20-10 08:56 PM

The problem with this is if you still want the fb emails to be sent to your email. I would still like the emails sent to my gmail, however I do not want see the email on my BB in addition to the FB notification.

Anyone know how to set up the permissions so you will still get the email, but ONLY see the fb notification on your bb?
    08-20-10 09:21 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD