I deleted the FB 1.8 app to see if reinstalling it would change anything about the notification problem. After a reboot, I went back on App World to download the app again. The App page appears, but the Download button is missing. I checked the other Apps and the Download button appears for all of them.

Did RIM Pull the 1.8 version due to the problems they've had with the notifications?
    09-08-10 12:15 PM
    I just went to app world and the download button worked just fine. Make sure your program uninstalled fully, do a battery pull and rebook. That should get you ready to download it again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 12:21 PM
    Facebook 1.8.0.48 is what I just downloaded and installed.

09-08-10 12:23 PM
    or you can go to blackberry.com/facebook from the browser and download it.

but then again friends don't let friends use facebook.... but i don't know you so have a ball with it.

09-08-10 12:24 PM
    or you can go to blackberry.com/facebook from the browser and download it.

but then again friends don't let friends use facebook.... but i don't know you so have a ball with it.

Second this method; (cr)Appworld is still more bugs than joy from what I read from other users. Whatever I need from there is available via blackberry.com (install via Internet Explorer only), and that's how I installed FaceBook as well.
    09-08-10 12:41 PM
    Second this method; (cr)Appworld is still more bugs than joy from what I read from other users. Whatever I need from there is available via blackberry.com (install via Internet Explorer only), and that's how I installed FaceBook as well.
    For the record, I only installed it to see if it would work for the OP! Mauhaha.

09-08-10 12:58 PM
    Maybe not related but I am having a similar problem with a totally different App. I can't install the "UPS Online" App. I can display the page in BB App Store but no Download button. I never installed the UPS App before. Other Apps have Download buttons but not the UPS Online one. I wonder if there might be subtle issues with the App Store? I've reinstalled the App Store and cleared my Browser cache at the recommendation of UPS support and still No Joy.
    Like I said maybe a App Store issue?
    09-08-10 02:47 PM
    Maybe not related but I am having a similar problem with a totally different App. I can't install the "UPS Online" App. I can display the page in BB App Store but no Download button. I never installed the UPS App before. Other Apps have Download buttons but not the UPS Online one. I wonder if there might be subtle issues with the App Store? I've reinstalled the App Store and cleared my Browser cache at the recommendation of UPS support and still No Joy.
    Like I said maybe a App Store issue?
    I have that one too, same process - use Internet Explorer, keep (cr)Appworld off your device.
    09-08-10 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD