Ok, I know that there have been a number of people who have had an issue with the FaceBook 1.7 update. This fix possibly addresses with two known issues. 1) "Session timed out" error, and 2) "No data services, contact your service provider" error.

These steps appear to have fixed these two issues I was having. I just completed this, and I'm not giving any guarantees!

1) Select options from the home screen
    2) Select Advance Options
    3) Select Service Books
    4) Select the FaceBook service book
    5) Hit the BlackBerry menu button (hard button)
    6) Select "Show HRT" from the menu
    7) Hit the BlackBerry menu button again (hard button)
    8) Select Register Now

That should do it! At least it did it for me. I just stumbled on this while messing around trying to figure it out. Hope this helps!
    10-20-09 07:41 AM
    This did the trick wonderfuuly! Fb 1.7 still sucks because all I see is game news now and as far as I know I can't filter any of that like I can on the full site. Also my whole phone runs like a snail with it up. But at least with this fix I can use it as it previously hung indefinite on refreshes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 08:12 AM
    There is supposed to filtering on the news feed, but haven't fig that out yet, might to be done main site.

10-20-09 08:36 AM
    There's no facebook in my service books.
    can someone send me service books with facebook entry? I'd add it to my service books
    10-20-09 08:39 AM
    I see is game news now and as far as I know I can't filter any of that like I can on the full site.
    If you click on News Feed just above the first Status Update or whatever is listed first you can choose "Status Update" "Photos" or "Links" (and of course "New Feed" which must be default) Like you can on the full site. Is that what you are looking for? I also don't like seeing everyone's game score updates and usually just want to see photos or status updates.

I have a question, anyone know how to see who "Liked" your status? I got a notification for a comment that was made but I see it says one person liked it but I can't figure out how to see who.
    10-20-09 08:45 AM
    You can try to resend your service books to see if that helps. Check out this link for info on how to do it.
    10-20-09 08:47 AM
    It wont for me
    I could edit my service books If I'd know how should facebook entry looks like.
    10-20-09 08:56 AM
    thanks for help.."
    i can Fixed out my FB Problem

thanks
    10-20-09 09:02 AM
    Didn't work on my BoostBerry 8350i. YMMV.

10-20-09 10:24 AM
    Didnt work on my 8350i and i dont show facebook servicebooks either ???
    I am another that doesn't show facebook service books

*update....I reinstalled my service books and everything seems ok!!* Weird that I still don't see facebook in my service books still?
    Last edited by aming63; 10-20-09 at 06:31 PM.
    10-20-09 05:41 PM
    It didnt work on my BB Bold.
    10-20-09 09:00 PM
    Ok, so I'm still having issues with "timed out" and "no data services" error. What I don't understand is that before I did the steps listed above, I could not access the application at all. Immediately when I logged in it gave me one or two message errors. However, after doing those steps I'm now able to actually use the application, but occasionally I still get bumped. Oh well. FB was completely unaccessible for me fore I did those steps. Now it is, but I still get error messages occasionally.
    10-21-09 06:48 AM
    Helped a little bit. Thanks!
    10-21-09 07:06 AM
    Seems to have fixed it so far...Knock on Wood!!! THANKS
    10-21-09 08:29 PM
    I don't have those problems on my facebook but it was really slow, especially everytime I had to stream new news feeds or statuses, load my friends list, or post a new wall message. I had been wanting to downgrade back to 1.6 coz it never had those problems and was about to download when I stumbled into this thread. I tried it, and my facebook 1.7 became really fast, even no loading sequence on the friends list, just popped up so fast. Even though it still had to stream for new statuses, it didn't take as long as before.

So thanks a bunch, wooster019!
    10-22-09 02:22 AM
    This trick worked for me (so far). I have a BB Curve on the Verizon network.
    10-23-09 09:34 AM
    Ok, so I still have issues with the timed out/no data messages...but perhaps I've found a different "gimmick" to try. So far I haven't had any issues yet. When I successfully get into the app and use it for a while I make sure to close the app (not just minimize so that it is still running in the background) when I am done. Every time that I've done this I've been able to get back into the program just fine. I'll keep trying/monitoring this to see if it really does the trick.
    10-23-09 11:51 AM
    i am done tryin out the fbook apps...the mobile site is pretty sweet and suffices with what i need to do anyways.

the fb app juz runs too much memory.
    10-23-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD