hi,

so after upgrading to facebook 1.8 i want to downgrade to the latest 1.7, can someone help me please with ota link?

the sec question - did you guyz find a way to choose which notifications to get on the 1.8 version? or its not possible???

thanks!
    08-21-10 07:05 AM
    why would you want to downgrade? and you can log into facebook on a computer and customize your notification settings from there.
    08-21-10 07:35 AM
    where?
    on the new version all the V's have to be empty besides facebook for blackberry. if i select another notification i get it on my blackberry as mail too!
    08-21-10 07:54 AM
    i had troubles after upgrading to 1.8, in that i didnt get proper notifications via the app. even with checking/unchecking the notification boxes on the facebook website, it was still messed up. after giving up and battery pulling it several times it sorta jus fixes itself.

my settings are having all the email notification boxes checked in 'account settings>notifications' on the actual facebook website.
    via the app, you'd wanna jus check that "connect facebook account with bb message application" is checked

as regards to getting both the notification and email, my gmail account filters the emails to "mark as read/skip inbox/move to folder"
    08-21-10 08:29 AM
    so if i dont want to do filters with gmail its not possible to choose notifications and not getting mails too?
    08-21-10 08:49 AM
    Anyone else having a problem with the calendar not syncing birthdays? Notifications have always been hit or miss for me, but now the calendar is only syncing certain things

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 08:05 AM
    Anyone else having a problem with the calendar not syncing birthdays? Notifications have always been hit or miss for me, but now the calendar is only syncing certain things

Same here, birthdays all wiped when I upgraded

Also contacts only sync when I do it manually

Wish I hadn't upgraded as last version worked fine

08-27-10 12:04 PM
    yup birthdays dont work anymore. i had to manually sync each person i also had in my phonebook to get birthdays.
    08-27-10 12:50 PM
    ok I manually synced all the contacts, but really, this went unnoticed in any form of beta?
    08-27-10 04:12 PM
    I still cant get my birthdays

turned on/off the options for calendar/contacts
    refreshed contacts
    removed the link on each contact and added it back
    reinstalled the app

new events are getting added but that is it
    08-28-10 05:29 AM
    Anyone no how to get it to work on my wifes old Curve 8310 v4.5??? The Facebook Notifications section is not there in the Options section in the App. She gets NO notifications at all now. Is there an OTA for v1.7 anymore? Also on my Bold 9700 is says I have v1.8.49 and hers is showing v1.8.48 and keeps telling her there is an update, try to upgrade and it just downloads and installs the same thing again. WTF
    08-28-10 02:28 PM
    I have th exact same troubles with my Tour after going 1.8, and to think I went and saw the FB movie,

You'd think someone would have caught the problems,

I am looking for an OTA for the oldeest version I can run, geesh...
    10-06-10 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD