Hey guys,

Was wondering how much memory these two apps use. Since putting these two on my phone I'm losing alot of memory very quickly. Before I could do a quickpull before going to bed and start with about 23,000,000 bytes the next morning. By the end of the day would still have about 12-13,000,000. Now I'm dropping below 7,000,000! What gives? Any ideas?

Thanks,
    John
    10-22-09 07:28 AM
    BBM5.0 is just under 3mb, and FB 1.7 is about 1.3mb. I've got both of these loaded on my device along with various other apps, and I never drop below 30mb free memory.

Perhaps these two apps aren't the issue. Some on here will tell you that FB is a memory hog, I tend to disagree, I've never noticed that the FB app uses an excessive amount of memory, same to be said with BBM5.0. What other apps do you have running on your device? Also, are you closing them out properly? It's not an issue with BBM, as it stays running 24-7, but with Facebook, if you don't close out properly, I assume that it will constantly update itself, which I could see being a memory drain. Make sure you either back completely out of FB using the back button, or press menu, and select close every time you are done using the app.

Can you tell me what apps you're running on your 8330? Seems like your memory is draining awfully fast... Also, you really need to try not to let your memory drop below 12mb, as it will cause your Curve to lag.
    10-22-09 08:10 AM
    Yup! You are exactly right! BM 5.0 is a memory hog! My Curve never leaked memory as much as it does with BBM 5.0 and I have added nothing different. I guess the only choices we have are uninstall 5.0 and use the older version or put up with it.
    I start at 34mb and after half a day of constant bbm use am down to 20. I reset several times a day!I hate it but i LOVE talking on bbm...so
    10-22-09 10:27 AM
    Are you running OS5.0? That had major memory leaks. Otherwise BBM5.0 is you're leak. I know mine uses a lot of memory by the end of the day due to a bunch of convos and such
    10-22-09 12:35 PM
    BBM 5.0 was draining my battery something fierce for about a week, then I installed the new Facebook 1.7 and my battery life is as good as ever. I have no answer for this one...
    10-22-09 12:41 PM
    Do you have any groups on bbm5? Real time group chat might caused the problem. Sometimes my phone frezzes in the middle of a group chat.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD