An update has been released by RIM for Facebook and brings it up to 1.7.0.22 it seems to have corrected a few issues I was having with 1.7.0.18.

Go to your phone browser and follow this link Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com to download it OTA

There is also a link on this same page to downgrade to a lower version if needed.

****Update ****

This version 1.7.0.22 is much faster than previous versions and is great so far.
    Last edited by piper975; 11-20-09 at 12:42 PM.
    11-20-09 09:30 AM
    Just loaded and tried to login on BoostBerry. No love. Still looks like it requires BIS to function.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 11:13 AM
    how can you expect love from something that your phone carrier does not carry? you guys pay half the cost but you want it all. thats like saying im only going to pay for one shoe and expect to get 2. you cant have it all. there are somethings you boosters have to live with. sorry for the jack.
    11-20-09 11:48 AM
    Casper no offence, but why does RIM deem it necessary to have such a tight reign on an app that enjoys such wide spread popularity? I would understand it if it were a propritary app for a website that was owned by RIM, but alas its not. Kinda like App World.

Also this does not just affect us boosters, but thousands of other BB users that are on straight data plans because either their provider does not offer BIS or their plan does not allow it. I know of a few users out there that are on a student plan that does not have BIS as an option.

11-20-09 12:00 PM
    Well since the thread has already been hijacked may as well speak to it to then.

I would rather have RIM create all apps then at least I would know they are all secure and from a trusted source. As for AppWorld, ugh that is owned by RIM ... unless I read your post wrong.

And as for Boost people expecting the same benefits as Nextel and MiKE users for half the cost and expect all the same services, you are joking right ??? ... well you really need to give your head a shake ... do you hear anything ... no ... I didn't think so ... LOL. I'm on a BIS plan and as much as I would like the benefits of a BES plan I don't expect it considering I do not pay for the added features plane and simple.
    11-20-09 12:40 PM
    well someone needs to ask boost mobile to add that phone to there lineup and see if rim will accept it. hmm
    11-20-09 01:27 PM
    i agree with piper... people who pay half the cost should get half the phone.

who said it was RIM putting the hold on FB? did you ever stop to think that maybe FB changed some things? look they keep changing the layout of the pages themselves. i have an app on my iPhone called Palringo. its an AIO IM app. it even has FB chat built into it. but ever since FB changed the format of FB, FB chat has been down. we are talking weeks!!! it just got back up and running yesterday.

now to get back on track sorta speak...

piper can you post some picts of what the new FB has to offer?
    11-20-09 01:33 PM
    well someone needs to ask boost mobile to add that phone to there lineup and see if rim will accept it. hmm
    I'm sure they would add it. Say goodbye to $50 unlimited though. I'm sure they wouldn't do i so cheap.
    11-20-09 01:34 PM
    Hmm I think I'll wait a while before I upgarde and see what others say. I'm not going down that road again of issues I was having last week.
    11-20-09 01:52 PM
    I, too, think I'm going to wait on updating until I see no negative responses...I opened the current version I have and did the check for upgrades option and showed no updates, so from the .313 update I'm automatically sketchy that there hasn't been an "official" release...
    11-20-09 02:43 PM
    i just installed it and am scrolling around....dont see much different but DID notice that after the install and reboot my phonebook contacts all stayed in place this time nd can search them all lol

maybe it was the facebook link to the phonebook that was causing the issue with the newest OS
    Last edited by _BIG_; 11-20-09 at 03:11 PM.
    11-20-09 03:08 PM
    Well...I am going to stick my nose here......I careless about that facebook thing......believe me! we are getting more than "half the phone" and more than "one shoe"...believe me are!... I am a happy booster...lol...I don't have those extra 70 bucks...so I can't waste them..(PIN messaging, BBM)...useless for me, don't need them, I do need my unlimited minutes and my unlimited mms messages, that's all I care for, and I hate those Boost mobile approved phones, so the 8350i has been a great option for us boosters...If you guys don't like that fact that we are paying less.....oh well.
    11-20-09 04:03 PM
    i dont quite get the whole boostberry advantage anymore (mostly because of this new any mobile, any network, anytime)

my plan - everything data 450 - 70 a month...which now comes with any mobile any network anytime, and with my work/employee discount comes to 58 a month before taxes (likes 61 or 62 after) with insurance on the phone i pay 70 even after taxes

so your anytime mins only go towards land lines, you get best prices on phones...i mean who really wants to pay 300+ for a phone...and u can upgrade after a year on sprint now

only upside to boost to me is no contract...but they have the scaling term fee for sprint nextel too now
    11-20-09 08:43 PM
    Boostberry aside, 313 IS an offical update, and FB 1.7.0.22 is even on BB App World, so I think it's safe to take the plunge. Even with the previous upgrades, the FB app never showed an update was available for me.
    11-20-09 10:17 PM
    still pretty laggy to me.

11-20-09 11:09 PM
    Well I have a BoostBerry and I had facebook working on on the new version of firmware but then RIM updated facebook and now it doesn't connect to the server. It says I it doesn't have connection services... So I'm confused...

Did RIM break facebook from working on boostberrys like they did with there blackberry app world?
    11-22-09 10:52 PM
    i dont quite get the whole boostberry advantage anymore (mostly because of this new any mobile, any network, anytime)

my plan - everything data 450 - 70 a month...which now comes with any mobile any network anytime, and with my work/employee discount comes to 58 a month before taxes (likes 61 or 62 after) with insurance on the phone i pay 70 even after taxes

so your anytime mins only go towards land lines, you get best prices on phones...i mean who really wants to pay 300+ for a phone...and u can upgrade after a year on sprint now

only upside to boost to me is no contract...but they have the scaling term fee for sprint nextel too now
    I paid 180 for my phone brand new+ extra charger, battery, usb cord, and back, and leather case. So yeah i made out good. After being on boost for a month i will never ever sign another cell phone contract.
    11-22-09 11:10 PM
    Well I have a BoostBerry and I had facebook working on on the new version of firmware but then RIM updated facebook and now it doesn't connect to the server. It says I it doesn't have connection services... So I'm confused...

Did RIM break facebook from working on boostberrys like they did with there blackberry app world?
    You were likely running 1.6 which worked on standard data plans, 1.7 requires BIS. The same applies for BB App store, you need BIS in order to use it.

11-23-09 03:04 AM
    Thanks for the info...
    11-23-09 08:41 AM
    I paid 180 for my phone brand new+ extra charger, battery, usb cord, and back, and leather case. So yeah i made out good. After being on boost for a month i will never ever sign another cell phone contract.
    that is pretty good for a phone price w/no contract

but you use the $50 unlimited plan on boost right?

what im saying is for $8 more i basically have the same with none of the boostberry workaround hassle stuff...everything native

and my anytime mins only get used towards non cellular numbers thats 7.5hrs of talk time a month towards landlines n such

i feel its a better deal to go with the contract plan vs a boost plan for these blackberries with the current everything data plans sprint is putting out
    11-23-09 05:45 PM
    what i have noticed on my side of things has been the old facebook version of software worked before the update but the new version of facebook is not compatible with the new BB OS. The old one works fine . . I do think i see some malicious intent on either parties part.. the update is now BIS required and so does FB with thier app . . . Hmm?? RIM is Up to something . .
    11-24-09 12:44 PM
    Its not Facebooks app, it is wholly developed by RIM. It even states this on the Facebook page.

11-24-09 01:16 PM
    i agree with piper... people who pay half the cost should get half the phone.

who said it was RIM putting the hold on FB? did you ever stop to think that maybe FB changed some things? look they keep changing the layout of the pages themselves. i have an app on my iPhone called Palringo. its an AIO IM app. it even has FB chat built into it. but ever since FB changed the format of FB, FB chat has been down. we are talking weeks!!! it just got back up and running yesterday.

now to get back on track sorta speak...

piper can you post some picts of what the new FB has to offer?
    Thats kinda kiddish yo ! "You pay less than me so you should have less than I." Thats called hating. Dude its the same phone with a different svc provider. Key word same. The cheaper plan sounds like the smarter man ! Besides 1.6 worked.
    12-01-09 08:39 PM
    two words.... No Contract
    12-01-09 08:43 PM
    too bad boost does not OFFER a blackberry!!! so "you" would not even have a blackberry !!! so yes, you pay half the cost, you should get half the phone.

now IF boost carried the 8350, that would be different, but like you said, "no contract".... that means NO RIM servers, so HALF THE PHONE!!! its not hating, its reality.

and so what if 1.6 works, good for 1.6, i am sure further down the update line there will be features that you (end users) want that will get added, and i am sure that you (being an end user) would like to use but cant cause you only pay for HALF THE PHONE.

on a personal note.... i dont hate the "boosters", i hate the fact that some feel that they are getting ripped cause they pay $50 a month with no contract and not all the features work... THEN THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT IT. thats what i hate. if you want it to work, pay up.
    12-01-09 10:09 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD