Is it just me, or are the profile pictures that Facebook integrates with the contact list really small and blurry? It's almost pointless to have. I upgraded from 1.2 to 1.6 this morning and I thought the idea was cool, but it's far too blurry to be of any use.

Anyone else?
    06-11-09 01:37 PM
    Yup ... Feel the same way about the pics ... But other than that though its great ... Love the address book integration ... Do you guyz know if its possible to sync the birthdays onto the bb. Calender .... That would be just too good

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 01:50 PM
    Yup ... Feel the same way about the pics ... But other than that though its great ... Love the address book integration ... Do you guyz know if its possible to sync the birthdays onto the bb. Calender .... That would be just too good

Doesn't it already add events and birthdays to the calendar? My only issue with that so far is that my theme (Today theme) does not seem to want to show the Facebook events in the upcoming events list... Is that what you're referring to?
    06-11-09 02:03 PM
    If you select the option to integrate facebook with the calendar it will do this. I ended up deselecting it but it does integrate.

It will create an additional Facebook [cical] service book so if you're running a today theme the birthdays won't show up.

I ended up emptying my calendar and deleting that service book as for some reason none of my calendar would sync after I linked the two. Once I did a one way sync back from Outlook it's worked perfectly again.

06-11-09 02:05 PM
    If you select the option to integrate facebook with the calendar it will do this. I ended up deselecting it but it does integrate.

It will create an additional Facebook [cical] service book so if you're running a today theme the birthdays won't show up.

I ended up emptying my calendar and deleting that service book as for some reason none of my calendar would sync after I linked the two. Once I did a one way sync back from Outlook it's worked perfectly again.

Oh so then I'm guessing the today theme is pulling only from one service book, which is the official blackberry calendar one? Is there any way to merge the two? I thought they were merged, as that's what it looks like in the calendar view (my Facebook calendar items show with other items from other calendars)
    06-11-09 02:49 PM

Ok, see I have the opposite problem. In my today theme it's only showing facebook entries and not my other ones that I have enter them in.

Why is that??

Help!

And thank you.
    06-11-09 08:12 PM
    Ok, see I have the opposite problem. In my today theme it's only showing facebook entries and not my other ones that I have enter them in.

Why is that??

Help!

And thank you.
    It seems your default calendar has been changed to the Facebook one. To change it back you need to go to:

Options -> Advanced Options -> Default Services -> Calendar (CICAL) -> Change this value to your blackberry account.

That should do the trick.
    06-12-09 09:27 AM
    It did, thank you.
    06-12-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD