For some reason Facebook 1.6 seems to constantly refresh my friends nearly everytime I want to do anything. It does it when I reboot after swapping batteries for my spare which is understandable I suppose but it also does it randomly whenever I want to write on a wall or send a message.

I've set the options to prompt before refreshing friends list but I've never been asked since upgrading to 1.6 whether or not I actually want to refresh. I have over 600 friends on Facebook and if I'm not in a Wi-Fi area at the time this takes a frustrating period everytime I want to actually do something on the Facebook app.

Anyone else have this problem or should I just wipe the app from my phone and re-install?
    06-28-09 11:27 AM
    I have not experienced that issue. My initial response would be to run the setup wizard (in options) to try and "bump" the setting. If that does not work, remove and reinstall would be in order.
    06-28-09 11:32 AM
    I'll try the set up wizard again and if not wipe it and re-install since it seems it's just me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 12:41 PM
    I has issues with the upgrade. I deleted the app an reinstalled and all is good. I've done two app upgrades and both went bad. Seems the best way is to just delete and reinstall when a newer version of any app is available.
    06-28-09 02:09 PM
    I recently downloaded facebook v1.6 and can't get my friends list to complete refresh. It stays at 17%. I've done a battery pull and deleted and re-installed the app 3 times. HELP!
    07-04-09 01:47 AM
    I downloaded a more up to date version of 1.6 and that solved my problems.

Go to the mobile Blackberry home page and make sure you have the latest available version installed.
    07-16-09 05:55 PM
    Please help. Where can I get the latest version of facebook for Blackberry. It keeps telling me my friends list is not available and it's starting to really p!ss me off. grrrr!!
    09-04-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD