The new Facebook 1.6 allows you to view your friend's profile without having to view it through your browser. Doing so does not really show their profile. It justs shows who they recently became friends with, and their comments.
    Version 1.5 allowed me to view their profile through my browser. I was able to see the person's online profile, which showed the information I was interested in. Such as the school they graduated from, their birthday, etc.
    It's like now, if I approve a new friend request, I have no way of telling who that person in. In 1.5 I could connect and see their high school and other information to refresh my memory. I'm not interested in who they've become friends with in the last 10 minutes or so. I want to see their profile.
    Version 1.6 does not give me an option to view that person's mobile page.
    When viewing the person's profile in version 1.6, if I hit the Menu Key, it gives me the option to "Go to Mobile Site". It instead takes me to my profile page on the Mobile Site. I wish it could take me to their's instead. I know who I am. What since does it make to show me my web profile.
    Has anyone found a way around this, or is this an over sight.

I wish I could find Facebook 1.5 for my device. I hate when they create new versions, but take down all the previous versions.
    Last edited by cdf3; 06-07-09 at 05:23 PM.
    06-07-09 05:20 PM
    1.6 does not prevent you from going to the mobile site, which is all you did when you were looking at their profile info with 1.5...
    06-07-09 05:34 PM
    Viewing their profile in 1.5 connected me to their profile using my browser, therefore I was able to see their Facebook page. Viewing their profile in 1.6 does not connect you to their Facebook page. It displays it within the Facebook application now. Doing so only limits me to view certain aspects, such as who they are now friends with. I would like to see other information about them, such as what schools they attended, their birthday, etc.
    There is no way to view your friend's Network and Basic Info the way it's setup now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by cdf3; 06-07-09 at 06:22 PM.
    06-07-09 06:16 PM
    So go to the mobile site and view their profile there. You can still access the mobile site from the BB Key menu in FB 1.6.
    06-07-09 07:55 PM
    All I am saying is that the new version has taken away a feature.
    I can always go to the mobile site, do a search for that friend, then pull up their profile. If I had to do all of that, then I could do without the Facebook App. It was a feature I enjoyed in 1.5
    Pulling up your friends list is easier using the Facebook app. Then you can go straight to their profile from their.
    I can always find them using Facebook with my BlackBerry browser. When you try to pull up a friend, you have to make sure the spelling is correct.
    06-07-09 08:06 PM
    veryone complained and cried they had to go to the mobile site and the old app was useless so RIM changed it, now everyone is complaining again. I dont understand.
    Last edited by theanswer3; 06-07-09 at 08:58 PM.
    06-07-09 08:55 PM
    Version 1.5 allowed me to view their profile through my browser. This allowed be to view the school they graduated from, relationship status, their birthday, etc.
    If I approve a new friend request with version 1.6, I have no way of viewing that information.
    I don't mind having the ability to view it through the Facebook app.
    I would like to see their full profile, not just who they are now friends with.
    If the profile view within the Facebook app can't display this information, I feel it should give you the ability to connect through your browser so you're able to view their full profile, like in Facebook 1.5
    06-07-09 09:12 PM
    Guys, what the OP means is that in 1.5, when viewing a pic or status update of someone IN the app, you could just hit the Blackberry key and there would be an option called "Go to Kellys profile". It would then take you DIRECTLY to their full profile in the browser, not to the Facebook homepage, like it does now. Now that option is gone, and I don't know why

06-07-09 10:58 PM
    Guys, what the OP means is that in 1.5, when viewing a pic or status update of someone IN the app, you could just hit the Blackberry key and there would be an option called "Go to Kellys profile". It would then take you DIRECTLY to their full profile in the browser, not to the Facebook homepage, like it does now. Now that option is gone, and I don't know why

Thanks Stang68!
    I'm glad someone agree with what I'm saying.

06-08-09 12:58 AM

No, I get what he's saying. He's saying he can't use what is the mobile equivalent to the the 'Info' tab when using Facebook on a full browser (i.e. from a PC), but what I'm saying is there is nothing stopping him from simply using the mobile browser to get to what he's trying to do...he just doesn't have a quick and easy short cut any more.
    06-08-09 08:53 AM
    No. Actually, Stang68 hit it right on the head. If I'm viewing a friend's info within the Facebook application I would like to have the ability for the Facebook application to load their profile using my BlackBerry browser if needed.
    1.5 had this capability.
    1.6 only takes you to your home page.

06-08-09 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD