Where is my 1.6 version! Need something better than 1.3/1.5!!!
    05-28-09 10:29 PM
    Missed the release date, huh?

<sarcasm>Quel surprise!</sarcasm>
    05-29-09 02:15 AM
    Logical conclusion. Despite the steps made we must remember the heart and soul of BB is the "working" world.
    Yup. Getting an incremental FB upgrade out is hardly a priority for RIM. Folks with BBs for business who may at most have one app or so (e.g., a navigation app) outnumber the consumer enthusiasts represented here on CB by an astronomical factor.
    05-29-09 06:07 AM
    Wonder if it will be out with Duke Nukem 4.0 ?
    05-29-09 06:23 AM
    This sucks. I was so looking forward to 1.6. Makes other platforms like Android and the iPhone look so tempting. RIM should be all over this if they are trying to increase their market share by targeting consumers.
    I can tell you one thing about the Android platform...its not as good as the BB platform in my opinion...i have the new HTC Magic Android phone...its been released here in the UK on Vodafone and its an awesome piece of kit...but for work related stuff its doesnt even come close to the BB. Its very similar to the iphone, touchscreen but with the added capability of video recording and MMS already out fo the box. But the Magic is just another iphone type of device...dont get me wrong i love it but its in no way shape or form ever going to replace my BB. I use the Magic as a media device...plenty of apps ie games that keep me busy on my way to work and back as i take the tube here in London.

Also there isnt an official FB app for the Android...i have an app which is FB but it isnt as good as the iphone one to be quite honest...in fact i prefer my BB FB app even though its still kinda basic.

Not even going to talk about the iphone as to me its just a media whores wet dream come true....
    05-29-09 06:24 AM
    lol

10char

told ya
    05-29-09 09:24 AM
    RIM's old bread and butter use to be "working world" but they are really really really trying hard to get the average person to buy BlackBerrys. Just look at most of all the TV ads now.
    05-29-09 10:21 AM
    RIM's old bread and butter use to be "working world" but they are really really really trying hard to get the average person to buy BlackBerrys. Just look at most of all the TV ads now.
    that's true, you won't hardly find anyone in a business suit in the commercials, if at all.
    05-29-09 10:37 AM
    Wonder if it will be out with Duke Nukem 4.0 ?
    LOL

Classic
    05-29-09 10:55 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD