05-28-09 01:22 PM
    05-28-09 01:24 PM
    Ohh, now I see why every one was so doubtful about it being released LOL! That isn't cool at all, O well I wouldn't be completely satisfied until They release something that looks like the one from the Iphone! An I think by the time that happens, the one the Iphone would have Would just be on a whole other game field. O well, Let's see when its actually released now! I've learned my lesson on not to hold my breath for this sort of things any more....
    05-28-09 01:51 PM
    Pandora or FB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Pandora. FB 1.5 doesnt work, hopefully 1.6 will
    05-28-09 01:55 PM
    There's got to be a beta out there (unless these are all technically betas, which they may be)... Anyone have a link?

05-28-09 04:03 PM
    CrackBerry has not said anything about the delay, I'll find out in half an hour...
    05-28-09 04:23 PM
    After the letdown of 1.5, I'm not so excited. I thought I would share the link.

HOT! Facebook 1.6 Launching Thursday May 28th – Wall Viewing & Feed Support | BerryReview.com �
    Any progress on this? Does it work with 5.0-93

05-28-09 04:27 PM
    CrackBerry has not said anything about the delay, I'll find out in half an hour...
    whats in a half hour?
    05-28-09 04:32 PM
    Wow facebook 1.6 should be called pukebook, not excited at all.
    05-28-09 04:41 PM
    whats in a half hour?

5:00 p.m. it will be...
    05-28-09 04:43 PM
    oh well its almost 6 here...
    05-28-09 04:51 PM
    I don't quite understand what the fuss is about the FB application, from my point of view using Facebook Mobile (m.facebook) is much better than the actual application itself, although nothing quite compares to the iPhone/touch version of the application.
    05-28-09 05:09 PM
    5:00 p.m. it will be...
    i hope you mean 5:00 P.M. PACIFIC time
    05-28-09 05:20 PM
    i hope you mean 5:00 P.M. PACIFIC time
    5pm EST was suppose to be the release...oh well.
    05-28-09 05:27 PM
    5pm EST was suppose to be the release...oh well.

but he said he talked to someone from crackberry and he supposedly 5:00 P.M so i'm guessing he meant Pacific time? since he posted around 5:30 eastern time
    05-28-09 05:34 PM
    either way... delayed til next month? is the word on berryreview
    05-28-09 05:37 PM
    Yay no 1.6
    05-28-09 06:22 PM
    Delayed until the summer ...
    05-28-09 07:19 PM
    That's just great!

05-28-09 07:32 PM
    Eh. No love lost

05-28-09 07:43 PM
    This sucks. I was so looking forward to 1.6. Makes other platforms like Android and the iPhone look so tempting. RIM should be all over this if they are trying to increase their market share by targeting consumers.
    05-28-09 09:02 PM
    Not really. If you think about it, they have millions of consumers through companies that use them. Applications like facebook just give the other side of their consumers something to play with when they get bored. The iPhone and andriod phones have been out for almost two years now. RIM has been around for way longer then they have been around.

05-28-09 09:17 PM
    Not really. If you think about it, they have millions of consumers through companies that use them. Applications like facebook just give the other side of their consumers something to play with when they get bored. The iPhone and andriod phones have been out for almost two years now. RIM has been around for way longer then they have been around.

Logical conclusion. Despite the steps made we must remember the heart and soul of BB is the "working" world.
    05-28-09 09:53 PM
    Logical conclusion. Despite the steps made we must remember the heart and soul of BB is the "working" world.
    I could have sworn I heard that they had half of their subscriptions as "consumers", so those subscribers are going to want stuff like this. That's how I see it at least. Beyond "instant email", what other advantage does RIM have over Apple, Microsoft, Android, etc? Not knocking RIM, I love my BlackBerry and every time I stray to some other device, I always come back to a 'Berry.
    05-28-09 10:00 PM
    I could have sworn I heard that they had half of their subscriptions as "consumers", so those subscribers are going to want stuff like this. That's how I see it at least. Beyond "instant email", what other advantage does RIM have over Apple, Microsoft, Android, etc? Not knocking RIM, I love my BlackBerry and every time I stray to some other device, I always come back to a 'Berry.
    I have no experience with Android but I do with the other two.

*For ME and ME only*

Apple is touch screen only and I will never own another one. Also, the iPhone's battery can't be easily replaced and I keep an extra one handy.

Microsoft is, well, Microsoft. I've had a number of WinMo phones through work (currently have one in my pocket) and it's everything I hate about Windows except the Mobile version follows me around to frustrate me .

Therefore, my personal cellphone is the Bold. If anything, we can hope that the delay will result in a more stable release that will lead to fewer frustrations. I'm trying to be optimistic here .
    05-28-09 10:25 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD