So far so good so seems to be working fine. This is how i did it: Went to appworld installed facebook app (said 1.6.0.21 was being installed) but when I went to my download folder and opened it said facebook 1.6.0.22!! I clicked on it and downloaded it to phone. Then said it had to reboot device to install. After reboot boo-ya facebook working on OS 5.0.0.230!!!
    Last edited by Matttomlan; 09-22-09 at 09:19 PM. Reason: forgot step
    09-22-09 09:15 PM
    There are two others threads on this already.
    09-22-09 09:42 PM
    There are two others threads on this already.
    excellent contribution to the site, you should go post that in the other 2 threads, if you haven't already.
    use the search and you could find ALL of them, oh what a glorious day that would be, you tell the whole interweb how it is!
    09-22-09 09:48 PM
    I installed it from the "get fb on you bb" link on the face book site, I just clicked it and it installed and worked. no reboot or anything.

good stuff. I missed fb.
    09-22-09 09:51 PM
    excellent contribution to the site, you should go post that in the other 2 threads, if you haven't already.
    use the search and you could find ALL of them, oh what a glorious day that would be, you tell the whole interweb how it is!
    *sigh* Creating multiple threads on a single subject makes it confusing for everyone, especially the new users. Why do it unless it's a cry for attention or pure laziness.
    09-22-09 09:56 PM
    there is no 1.6.0.22, when you visit rim site from mobile.blackberry.com or the rim ota's its the old version

bogus...
    09-22-09 09:58 PM
    there is no 1.6.0.22, when you visit rim site from mobile.blackberry.com or the rim ota's its the old version

bogus...
    how is it bogus if it is working for a ton of other people? try again, maybe. i know it will work, because i am checking my facebook on 5.0.0.230 as we speak
    09-22-09 10:00 PM
    *sigh* Creating multiple threads on a single subject makes it confusing for everyone, especially the new users. Why do it unless it's a cry for attention or pure laziness.
    Very true. I hadn't thought of it that way.

They should take the same approach at the library, just think of all the space it would save, no confusion over which murder mystery to pick, just one of each.
    good stuff right there.

jumping on someone who is excited and posts about it is no more productive than a second, third or forth post on a single subject.
    why do it unless you need to feel Superior or you're just mean spirited.
    09-22-09 10:03 PM
    It's not bogus, I just got it from mobile.blackberry.com, then go to Social Networking, then download Facebook. Good to go
    09-22-09 10:03 PM

bogus...
    It's workin for me to.
    09-22-09 10:04 PM
    how is it bogus if it is working for a ton of other people? try again, maybe. i know it will work, because i am checking my facebook on 5.0.0.230 as we speak

they can call it fb 9 for all I care. it works for me on .230 and that's all I'm concerned with.
    09-22-09 10:04 PM
    I dunno I think the OP made a good choice starting a thread in OS discussion. This silly little app was stopping alot of people from loading up 5.0.

Objection removed. Get to steppin, i mean updating
    09-22-09 10:10 PM
    they can call it fb 9 for all I care. it works for me on .230 and that's all I'm concerned with.
    lmao, my man...i too agree with u on that one
    09-22-09 10:14 PM
    Very true. I hadn't thought of it that way.

They should take the same approach at the library, just think of all the space it would save, no confusion over which murder mystery to pick, just one of each.
    good stuff right there.

jumping on someone who is excited and posts about it is no more productive than a second, third or forth post on a single subject.
    why do it unless you need to feel Superior or you're just mean spirited.
    To teach the new users that even in the electronic world consideration and respect for your fellow man is a good thing? Maybe that being lazy is bad and affects others in the community? That using your noggin for more than someplace to stuff Ring Dings is really something to aspire to?

Of course we could always take your approach and drive in two lanes on the highway, take up two parking spots, don't bother to hold the door for someone else and hey, why bother slowing down for construction workers?
    09-22-09 10:15 PM
    myspace works now too!!
    09-22-09 10:19 PM
    I dunno I think the OP made a good choice starting a thread in OS discussion. This silly little app was stopping alot of people from loading up 5.0.

Objection removed. Get to steppin, i mean updating
    Thanks V. When I started it the other posts were not there. Just trying to help other 5.0.0.230 crackheads. Some D Bags cant help but add there useless two cents.
    So it detects your OS and only gives .22 if you have a 5.0 one.

On .167 it doesn't give it. Is the new OS compatability the only new thing?

If so does this mean RIM is approving of people running leaked 5.0?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    To teach the new users that even in the electronic world consideration and respect for your fellow man is a good thing? Maybe that being lazy is bad and affects others in the community? That using your noggin for more than someplace to stuff Ring Dings is really something to aspire to?

Of course we could always take your approach and drive in two lanes on the highway, take up two parking spots, don't bother to hold the door for someone else and hey, why bother slowing down for construction workers?
    Umm this should be shouted off the rooftops and posted in every forum on CB.

Chilax noob hater.

Facebook has over 200,000,000 users out there. Think some of them might be runnin 5.0 software an be happy to get their app back? hmm?
    09-22-09 10:20 PM
    So it detects your OS and only gives .22 if you have a 5.0 one.

On .167 it doesn't give it. Is the new OS compatability the only new thing?

If so does this mean RIM is approving of people running leaked 5.0?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ROFL now thats a darn good question. I wouldn't say they are approving of 5.0 users maybe just resigned to the fact thats its out the box an they have no way to stuff it back in.
    09-22-09 10:23 PM

haha you just compared this thread to speeding past road workers, driving in two lanes, etc..
    and what's better, you referred to the first reply to as "teaching" new users.

I'm actually dumber for having read that. Thanks.
    I'll stuff the ring dings, the ****** bag element seems to be covered, in spades.
    09-22-09 10:26 PM
    ROFL now thats a darn good question. I wouldn't say they are approving of 5.0 users maybe just resigned to the fact thats its out the box an they have no way to stuff it back in.
    I can just imagine FB going to RIM and saying "Hey, you leaked it, now our users can't use our site with it. fix it. now."

Rim is big, really big, but what do you say to another big guy with a few million angry friends? you say "fb works with .230 now, my bad"
    09-22-09 10:30 PM

bogus...
    09-22-09 10:35 PM
    Chilax noob hater.
    Sorry wrong guy... I actually like noobs because it's almost guaranteed that I know more than them. Just prefer peeps who make an effort at thinking first.
    09-22-09 10:38 PM
    I'm actually dumber for having read that. Thanks.
    Where's the "looking in the air and whistling" smiley when you need it?
    09-22-09 10:41 PM
    Where's the "looking in the air and whistling" smiley when you need it?

I know, I searched,
    alas, it wasn't there, I cried
    but only a little.

That was almost poetic. I think I just macked CB with a sonnet.
    09-22-09 10:48 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD