I installed FB 1.7 on my BB tour running OS 5.0.0.230 and it totally sucks. Very slow and can't get anything done. I have been trying to get my hands on the original installation files for version 1.6.0.22 which worked fine on my phone. Does anyone have the original installation files? Or if someone has it on their phone, can they use BBSAK (BB Swiss Army Knife to extra the files? I can show them how, its pretty easy.
    11-06-09 06:38 AM
    I found it last night after much searching, below:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ota...lx-cod-341636/

In my case I have the Bold 9000 and upgraded, only to get the "can't connect" (or whatever) error & then I read somewhere 1.7 requires BIS, which 1.6 didn't (I don't have BIS).
    Then when I followed the "normal" links to download, and browsed to 1.6, it claimed my phone was an unsupported device.

Just go to the above link and use Desktop Manager to add the application, & you're golden.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by larrytxeast; 11-06-09 at 08:23 AM.
    11-06-09 08:19 AM
    This version won't work on mine since I am running 5..230. FB wasn't compatible for 5.0 until 1.6.0.22, that's why I need that version.

If anyone has that version on their phone, please reply and I can show you how to get the files off using BBSAK. Thanks.
    11-06-09 10:52 AM
    Did anyone test the above with a Bold? Does it install ok? Have already tried 4 versions of fb that i found in the forum and none work on my bold.. Others did not install at all and others just launched the browser to download 1.7...
    11-07-09 03:43 AM
    I've got FB 1.7 running on my tour (VZW) OS 4.7.1.40 and my only problem is the stuck FB notification icon on my home screen. Completely annoying.

I get new notifications and they work fine - they just show up as my 2nd,3rd, etc..

Anybody know how to fix this?
    11-07-09 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD