I installed facebook 1.5 yesterday and then last night played around with it to see what the differences were.

Anyway, i found that you could sync your BB contacts with your face book contacts and it would download their pic to your BB contacts and you would have this nice link between the 2. Great.

So I went ahead and linked about 20 of my friends and collegues. Then I exited out of that screen and saw in my mail list, facebook and blackberry that the application automatically sent a request to EVERY facebook friend that I do not have their phone number and that I would like it. EVEN if my BB contact information had a phone number it STILL requested one. It only checked to see if the facebook contact info had a phone number.

I have not received any replies back, but you might not want to link your contacts if you don't want the BB facebook sending out crazy requests.
    04-22-09 08:57 AM
    ya, seems pretty stupid that applications send requests without your knowledge... typical though lol
    04-22-09 09:02 AM
    I ran up against this last night as well. I love the idea of having the photo sync'd up and having the ability to access Facebook straight from my Contacts, but I don't think that's worth sending a bunch of unnecessary requests to people.

04-22-09 09:19 AM
    same thing happened to me. i already had everyones number. pretty stupid. kind of makes me mad.
    04-22-09 09:21 AM
    happen to me as well.
    04-22-09 09:26 AM
    that's weird because when i installed to my bold, it informed me of the ability to do this, but asked me if i wanted to and i simply said no.
    04-22-09 09:30 AM
    Same here. Didn't realize what was going on until after I did about 20 or 30 of my friends. It's funny because there is a section in there, if I'm not mistaken, that lets you request their number and there was the connect to profile option...I would assume those would be two different functions but it wasn't.
    04-22-09 09:31 AM
    That's scary. I don't want Facebook contacting people on my friend list who I haven't talked to in years!
    04-22-09 09:43 AM
    When i set it up for this action it automatically connected to me anyone who had there information, then asked me who else's info i would like. I didn't select any and the email's didnt go out.

Now when i went on to my fb and viewed my friends even the one's i had all there information hadn't shown up and if i said link to contact it would ask for there phone number...even though i already had it because i clearly linked the 2.
    04-22-09 09:49 AM
    It doesn't send anything to them. I asked a few friends and they did not get the request.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 09:49 AM
    What do you except from an application that took 4 months to get released

Facebook App 2.0 will delete all your FaceBook friends and autopost updates about every mundane detail you do on your BlackBerry.

"Lyoko37 is sending dirty pictures to Civic!"

or

"Lyoko37 just opened Meterberry"

I like this one the best:

"Lyoko37 hasn't updated Twitter in 2 minutes and 57 seconds!"
    04-22-09 09:52 AM
    They get a 'Phone Number Request' I believe in their messages, essentially prompting them to input in their telephone number(s) into Facebook.

I did about 20 ppl as well, including my wife, and she checked and saw that I indeed spammed her w/ my request
    04-22-09 09:54 AM
    It doesn't send anything to them. I asked a few friends and they did not get the request.

It actually DOES send the request to people if you connect your contacts manually, if they don't have their numbers listed on FB. It sent a request to my husband, asking him for his phone number! Ha ha ha ha! We got a good laugh out of it.
    04-22-09 09:55 AM
    has anyone noticed an additional memory leak with this FB update? i am already down in the teens after my early AM scheduled reset and this is the only app i've altered in the past few days. usually hovering in 20's to 30's
    04-22-09 10:00 AM
    also for those who use your calender it inserts all many friends birthdays and you are unable to see information that is actually necessary for the current day. Kinda wana get rid of it
    04-22-09 10:08 AM
    It would be cool to have the BB photos from Facebook added to my contacts, but is it really worth the hassle to have a spam message sent out to everyone? Sure saves having to add anyones photo to their cotact info though.
    04-22-09 10:08 AM
    Yeah I've noticed it. My phone is hovering around 15 already and I pull each morning

04-22-09 10:09 AM
    anyone know how?
    I also had soem update automatically, does this mean it spammed them??
    It actually DOES send the request to people if you connect your contacts manually, if they don't have their numbers listed on FB. It sent a request to my husband, asking him for his phone number! Ha ha ha ha! We got a good laugh out of it.
    So if you let it sync automatically, which contacts are sync'd? Only those with a phone number in their FB profile?
    04-22-09 10:10 AM
    some people might think your a wierdo requestion there numbers
    04-22-09 10:12 AM
    some people might think your a wierdo requestion there numbers
    amen to that... facebook creep
    04-22-09 10:15 AM
    Happened to me too. It also added their birthdays to my bb. I don't know if it's the today theme I'm using, but now when I hover to my calendar on the home screen, none of my appointments show up anymore. It only show their birthdays on the home screen. Anyone else having this problem?
    04-22-09 10:16 AM
    That's funny, at least it doesnt automatically give other people their numbers or some craziness lol... One would think that if it integrated so well to your phone it could read the # was already there, so funny!!!
    04-22-09 10:17 AM
    yeah this happened to me a couple times yesterday. very stupid. now i feel like a creep
    04-22-09 10:18 AM
97 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD