This happened to me too. What a dumbasss bug on rim's part.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by vdiesel; 04-22-09 at 04:23 PM.
    04-22-09 04:21 PM
    I don't know what the point is in connecting my BB contacts with their facebook account.
    While their picture shows up in the BB Address Book it didn't show up in Aerize Alerts or in my message list when I check the email.
    It's as though the picture only exists in the Address Book.
    Anyone else have this?
    04-22-09 05:48 PM
    why is it awkward, say your have a new version of facebook on your bb and its doing some weird syncing stuff, why do you have people in your blackberry contacts that you dont havnt spoken to in years?
    I'm with you. Mine sent requests to a few people too and i just told them "sorry i updated the facebook app on my phone and i think it sent a facebook request for your phone number. sorry, just ignore it." They were all cool with it.

My guess is that most of these people freaking out are young and immature and can't handle a simple adult conversation.
    04-22-09 06:07 PM
    I'm with you. Mine sent requests to a few people too and i just told them "sorry i updated the facebook app on my phone and i think it sent a facebook request for your phone number. sorry, just ignore it." They were all cool with it.

My guess is that most of these people freaking out are young and immature and can't handle a simple adult conversation.
    Yeah I really hate that it messages them w/out asking us. I did the same thing afterwards, messaged my friends and apologized for the facebook spam. A couple friends beat me to the messaging though and either fb messaged me their phone numbers, or asked me "seriously, you don't have my phone number, really?" which was kind of funny
    04-23-09 08:36 AM
    Thanks for this warning - it saved me sending unnecessary emails to my friends.

Secondly, it also adds a FaceBook CICAL Service Book and sets the bugger to be your default - this is bloody priceless!

I deleted this version of Facebook. I'll just stick with the web interface.
    04-23-09 03:32 PM
    hmm, never happened to me, no one messaged me on fbook stating "y did u send a phone request to me", it didnt send a request even if that person doesnt hv their number on fbook......
    04-23-09 03:40 PM
    the request a phone # is weird becasue if the are in your bb address books odds are you have there number, but why is everyone worried about this, why is someone in your address book on your bb if your dont want them to know your requesting it
    I can't people so many people need help figuring out why it's a bad idea. Since it's such a gigantic mystery, I'll break it down for you.

Many people still have numbers that they don't call anymore (i.e. person they're not dating anymore but haven't bothered to delete their number yet OR better yet kept the number in order to be able to screen that person's calls). Removing a person from Facebook friends causes bad blood, so most people don't bother. When you install this god damned app and it syncs your contacts with your friends list, it sends out a message to everybody whose number is not listed in the Facebook profile.

Yes, it sent out this effin message to a bunch of girls I haven't called in months.
    04-27-09 03:20 PM
    Says the person who finds it necessary to insult others' maturity simply because they have a different opinion
    04-27-09 03:30 PM
    Shrug - I think the new build is great...at least in concept

Linking FB profile pics to your contacts in a push method is great. Even the phone book syncing is great - so long as it's only going out to the FB friends that you ask for. Clearly if it's sending it out to everyone...it's a bug. I think it *may* possibly also be fixed, when I chose the push option, it linked me to a FB page where I can pick and choose who I would like to request contact info from and it did *not* send to everyone.

The not so great issue with this version is the mem usage. As a quick test, not signing into facebook, my mem stayed pretty much over 30megs...with the new facebook on, my mem hits below the teens and possibly battery drain. Hopefully this will be fixed.
    04-27-09 04:53 PM
    Hope this isn't a dumb question but what is the difference between Facebook for Blackberry and Facebook mobile? Do I want Facebook for Blackberry on my device or can I do most of the same stuff with F.B.Mobile? I'm not a heavy FB user; you know, responding to messages, sometimes writing on the wall and posting a mobile photo. I have a Pearl so my memory is a concern. Is the FB for Blackberry a memory hog? I usually have 15,750,000Kb at hand after a battery pull. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellow Crackberries!
    04-28-09 03:28 AM
    I have it installed and connected the address book, no messages were sent that I can tell, and nobody that may have gotten them from me has said anything.
    04-28-09 06:57 AM
    ok so were can i download version 1.3 again? I installed 1.5 and HATED it and now i'm looking for the older version. Help!
    04-28-09 08:01 AM
    Syncing was fine with me...I did most manually from my friends list and after downloading profile in and a picture I was asked if I wanted to request a phone number for those friends that did not have a phone number in FB...

What I don't get is why syncing information only syncs name and company. Why would the email address listed in FB and their phone number, if listed not sync to my BBerry contacts as well? Oh, and birthday gets synced for friends that I did manually, not for the friends that FB found matches for and did themselves.
    04-29-09 07:58 AM
    I have experienced none of the issues here with the new FB app. I setup all of my FB friends manually, which allowed me to be selective, only choosing the ones I wanted in my phone's contact list. Each time I set someone up through the app, it asked me if I wanted to request their number. It worked flawlessly for me.

04-29-09 11:09 AM
    And when doing this their email address and phone number (if provided in FB) was copied to your contact list as well?

I have experienced none of the issues here with the new FB app. I setup all of my FB friends manually, which allowed me to be selective, only choosing the ones I wanted in my phone's contact list. Each time I set someone up through the app, it asked me if I wanted to request their number. It worked flawlessly for me.

04-29-09 12:03 PM
    DITTO here.I manually setup 1.5. I haven't had any replies from my FB friends wondering why I need their (phone) information.

04-29-09 12:20 PM
    Manually is the way to do it. I did it auto and it didnt do alot of my contacts. Manually they all worked.
    04-29-09 12:28 PM
    And what about calander entries, are these somehow autosync'd with facebook calendar now? I dont even use facebook calendar but it now shows up as a 'send' calendar on my storm. I really dont need all of my facebook friends to have access to my personal calendar.
    04-30-09 10:03 AM
    On my Blackberry Tour, there is the facebook icon at the top with a number next to it to the left. Does anyone know what this number means and how do I remove the number? I go to my desktop and clear the junk from Facebook, but that does not change the fact that the number on the Blackberry keeps changes. Any help would be appreciated.
    08-20-09 10:31 AM
    That number indicates the number of Facebook messages you have in the Facebook Application on your phone. You need to go into the application (which should have a red asterisk on it) and read the messages so that they clear.
    08-20-09 10:35 AM
    I cant get any pics to upload to facebook from my storm, anyone been able to resolve that issue -- it worked for a while and now it hasnt worked for a month
    08-20-09 11:22 AM
    I cant get any pics to upload to facebook from my storm, anyone been able to resolve that issue -- it worked for a while and now it hasnt worked for a month
    same here... **** just stopped uploading pics all together a week ago, I even tried to contact support for the app and have had no luck...

I have seriously tried EVERYTHING to fix it..
    08-20-09 06:26 PM
97 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD