Just installed Facebook 1.5 official release from RIM on my BlackBerry Bold and now no entries in my Outlook sync to my BlackBerry and vice versa. I don't have the duplicate calendar issue that others have though. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 03:30 PM
    FB 1.5 automatically changes the default calendar to your Facebook calendar, which has messed up other people's syncing too. Try changing the default calendar back to your e-mail, and see if that helps. Also, definitely do a battery pull.
    04-23-09 03:34 PM
    Options>Advanced Options>Default Services and switch your calender from Facebook back to your Outlook. That should hopefully resolve your problem. Facebook 1.5 changes your calender sync automatically to Facebook. This thread ought to help you out as well
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/face...ix-how-212375/
    04-23-09 03:36 PM
    Changing the default back seems to have fixed my calendar, thanks for that!

Question - Now it's clear to me that my BlackBerry synchronises only the default calendar. Is it possible to also synchronise the Facebook events & birthdays from my BlackBerry calendar to Outlook at the same time?
    04-24-09 05:18 AM
    I think RIM got notice of this hiccup because the version I downloaded this morning from the app store

is 1.5.32 as oppposed to the ones yesterday (1.5.30 and .31).

After installation, the default calendar was still the Blackberry one and did not get switched to the facebook one
    04-24-09 10:30 AM
    I sure hope they got this fixed. It caused no end of grief for me including completely messing up my calendar on my desktop. This was an example of very poor QA and I would have expected much better. The impact of losing calendar information is very high and I don't appreciate changes made to my synchronization without my knowledge. RIM or Facebook (whomever wrote this app) should take significantly better care next time around (if there is a next time for me remains to be seen). 2 hours wasted. Calendar status unknown.
    04-24-09 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD