you are uninstalling it, then clearing the memory..... then you are going install it again. i think you had a bad install thats all... does you face book work fine? did it only show up the one time?
    04-22-09 07:51 PM
    FB works fine.... I just uninstalled. I will re-load and post results. Thnxs Casper.
    04-22-09 07:54 PM
    Same thing happened after the re-install...
    04-22-09 08:22 PM
    well thats not fair.... i cant get that.....

have you done a battery pull? other than that i have no clue
    04-22-09 08:28 PM
    will try battery pull.... Could it be that its trying to get an email acc associated w/ BES/BIS from within the BB? Is there a BB system file that holds this "[email protected]" account name that change manually?
    04-22-09 08:32 PM
    well i am on BIS and i have not seen one anywhere
    04-22-09 08:37 PM
    is facebook really good? i havent tried it out and sorta feel weird if i do!
    04-22-09 09:21 PM
    is facebook really good? i havent tried it out and sorta feel weird if i do!
    its like an adult version of myspace.. but there are embedded flash games that make you feel like a kid again.
    04-22-09 09:23 PM
    Has anyone noticed that FB is suggesting friends that you don't have in your BB contacts. I had like six people from all over the world that I've never heard of.
    04-23-09 03:33 PM
    it does not fully delete the leaked version....

if you know a little about computer versions, you know that if you have a ver 1.5 then have an update, it should be ver 1.6... well the leaked and offical both are 1.5, so there is a conflict.....

****also very important****

BACKUP YOUR 3rd PARTY APPS AS THEY WILL BE ERASED WHEN YOU DO THE WIPE.... when i did it, it asked me to wipe 3rd party apps, i checked it because facebook is a 3rd party app....

here is a link to backup your 3rd party apps

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/

Stupid question here as I am considering getting this, if you backup the 3rd party apps and then wipe the device and install the official all would be well but what about the other apps, if you reinstall them will not the leaked version overwrite the existing original version.. I am sure I missed something here so please put me back on track.

Thanks,
    Julian
    04-23-09 04:08 PM
    Stupid question here as I am considering getting this, if you backup the 3rd party apps and then wipe the device and install the official all would be well but what about the other apps, if you reinstall them will not the leaked version overwrite the existing original version.. I am sure I missed something here so please put me back on track.

Thanks,
    Julian
    thats a very good question.... try it. i thought i had a backup of all my 3rd party apss but i could not find it, so i to start form scratch.

i do know the metadata is different, so it a see that it is an older version and ask you if you want to continue with the update...
    04-23-09 04:14 PM
    Thanks for the reply I may try it out anyway

julian
    04-23-09 04:19 PM
    if you do try it, post back your findings so if we need this kinda info in the future
    04-23-09 04:23 PM
    Thanks for the quick response, I am still learning about the BB and wanted to make sure I understood for future reference. I dont have FB right now so it should not effect me but wanted to find out just in case. I may go ahead and give it a try just to see if I like it..

Julian
    04-23-09 04:29 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD