^yeah. all of that stuff worked. I just deleted it again. I'll stick to twitter.
    05-13-09 08:22 AM
    Working great here.
    05-13-09 08:26 AM
    this is exactly what is happening to me. I downloaded it earlier after moshpit said s/he was using FB with .266. and set all my notifications to on through the FB site. I got email notification to my bb, but the actual app itself is blank.
    its a he

and digitalb0y u explained it well..

-peace-
    05-13-09 09:01 AM
    ok so I wiped with JL_cmder and restored my BB today...
    downloaded all my apps fresh (including FB 1.5)
    followed digitalb0y's instructions to the letter...
    lo and behold:

YAY! thank you!!!
    05-13-09 05:45 PM
    I think mine is having the same problem, and I have the storm. Someone needs to go back to the drawing board. I have already messed around with the email settins and such. I uninstalled and reinstalled, worked fine, not its not. So annoying.
    05-13-09 05:59 PM
    mine works just fine? unless there is some way to access the FB chat
    05-13-09 06:32 PM
    So here's the thing: It's not possible for this to be the Facebook app's fault, unless your phone is receiving notification emails from Facebook and they just don't show up in the FB app. All the Facebook app does is takes the notification emails that you receive from Facebook TO YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT and intercepts them, so that they show up in the Facebook app rather than your BlackBerry inbox. So even if the app is completely non-functional, the worst that happens is you get notifications in your BlackBerry inbox instead of the FB app.

So, here's how you troubleshoot this.

1. Log into the email account you have set up on your BlackBerry FROM A COMPUTER. For example, if you are set up to have your yahoo account go to your BlackBerry, log into mail.yahoo.com and see if you are getting notification emails from Facebook. Check your junkmail folder too. If there is nothing from Facebook in either your inbox or your junkmail, the problem is with the Facebook site and you need to make sure your email address is typed correctly on the notifications section of the Facebook website. Make sure there's not accidentally a space in front of it, etc. If you DO have notifications from Facebook in your inbox that aren't getting to your Blackberry, continue to step 2.

2. Make sure your email account is properly set up on your BlackBerry. Make sure you have resent your service books (in OS 4.6.0.266: Personal Email Set Up -> Menu Button -> Service Books -> Send Service Books), register in the Host Routing table menu (Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table -> Menu Button -> Register Now), and send yourself some test email to see if your BlackBerry is properly receiving email. If it getting email properly and you are still not receiving email from Facebook, procede to 3.

3. Go to your inbox, click the the menu button and choose View Folders, and check the Spam folder to make sure your Facebook email is not going there. If you are getting Facebook notification emails someplace in your BlackBerry folders but not the Facebook app, THEN you can blame the app. Check all of its settings with regards to your email address, try removing it, doing a battery pull and reinstalling it, etc. But for the record, I've never seen a phone that's getting email notifications from Facebook but the App (configured correctly) doesn't show new notifications.
    You are right!!!! I haven't been getting any emails from facebook!! Really weird though. I have all my notifications set to on and my email address on fb is correct! Now whats going on?
    05-13-09 06:33 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD