My goal is to use the new Calendar Sync feature of Facebook 1.5 and Google sync without creating duplicate entries in my calendar. I want events and birthdays to be added to my BB calendar and for Google Sync to pick up those additions and sync them to the web.

The Problem:
    I had Google Sync on when I installed Facebook 1.5. The Facebook app added the Facebook Calendar and set it as default, copied my other blackberry calendar and added my events and my facebook friends' birthdays. Luckily, Google sync did not sync this to the web. In an effort to delete the duplicate entries, I deleted the Facebook calendar and reset the default calendar to my original Blackberry calendar. I then disabled Google Sync and erased my calendar so that all calendar entries were gone. My plan was to then reinstall facebook and sync my events and birthdays to the facebook calendar, then turn on Google sync to sync the Facebook calendar (now set as default) to my online calendar.

Facebook won't update my calendar
    Now, Facebook won't update my calendar with information from facebook.com. I can get things back to the way they were, but I'd like to use this new functionality. Contacts update just fine. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Ancillas; 04-23-09 at 05:25 PM.
    04-23-09 04:43 PM
    Fix is on its way, everyone is having the same bug.

On its way tonight according to CrackBerry main page...

http://crackberry.com/facebook-1-5-u...ht-issue-fixes
    04-23-09 06:34 PM
    Great! Thanks for the update. I'll keep an eye out for the patch and post a link in this thread once it drops.
    04-23-09 10:49 PM
    Check it now on mobile.blackberry.com. It's up.
    04-23-09 11:11 PM
    The download is still listed as Facebook 1.5, but when you install the app, it is version 1.5.0.32 (the old version was 1.5.0.31)

mobile.blackberry.com
    04-24-09 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD