Ok, I do not know where I messed up here.. but I had the duplicate entries, and everything that I entered in my calendar on my BB was defaulting to FB. So I went and resent the service books, went into options - advanced - default - and changed my default setting for calendar to the CICAL with my email address.. I then went to sync up with outlook (I should mention that before I did all of this, that when I synched my BB with my computer, it wasn't adding any of my calendar entries to outlook, until I changed my default calendar to not be facebook)...well I just synched.. and it deleted EVERY SINGLE APPOINTMENT from my outlook calendar!!!! I'm talking.. like 6 years worth of appointments!!!!

what the **** do I do now?? all the appointments are still on my BB, but I cannot get them back into outlook!!! I have no idea what I did wrong!!

Anyone have an idea, or can help me here?

EDIT: OK, I found all the Outlook appointments in my deleted items folder, so I went back and manually transferred everything back over to my calendar.. so I have everything back again *whew* I also went and deleted the cical calendar entry for my email address, so the only one that I have now on my BB is the facebook calendar. Which is fine, except that now, any entries that I enter into my BB will not sync to outlook, so I'm back to square one again *sigh* I can't figure out for the life of me what I am doing wrong???
    Last edited by davnel78; 04-29-09 at 01:41 PM.
    04-29-09 12:38 PM
    This thread has been very helpful in this MESS that facebook has created. I loved my bb until i downloaded facebook ! Everything worked great to that point.

I've been able to use the 'fixes' posted here to fix the calendar, but my 'contacts' are also now a mess and I get the error message "0x80040fb3

Any ideas?

Thanks !
    05-04-09 06:33 PM
    I'm having the same problem as others:

When I go to Advanced Options/ Default Services, the only CICAL choice I have is Facebook. I have successfully synced with outlook for months prior.

How do I change the setup so I have the option of even selecting my default calendar?

I went into the facebook application and unchecked connecting it to my calendar - no help. When I go into my calendar, the only option that shows is Facebook. I rebooted; reset my desktop synch, etc. but it still only shows Facebook!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    05-08-09 12:46 PM
    OK - After now wasting over an hour on this...here's my solution for those that couldn't find any CICAL except FACEBOOK.

1. Went to desktop and deleted Facebook app (still wondering if I can reload it later
    2. Went to Options/Advanced/Service Books and deleted the Facebook CICAL
    3. Went to Setup Wizard and went to Email Setup (I have BIS), which took me to Email setup web page
    4. When I confirmed the email was correct, I noticed there was a Settings option for Service Books
    5. I Sent my Service books to my phone as a refresh
    6. Bingo - CICAL now lists my email address as the default calendar option.
    7. Ran desktop sync with Outlook and everything is back (Note: I have sync set up to ask before accepting changes...you might want to do that to avoid the chance it may want to overwrite appointments - mine didn't try to, but you never know!)

So now the question is: Can I reinstall the latest version (1.5.0.32) of the Facebook app if I am careful to tell it to leave my calendar alone, or will it mess everything up again?!
    05-08-09 01:35 PM
    Brilliant! This solved my sync issues entirely. I have not been able to sync to my Mac with Missing Sync correctly (if at all) since installing FB for BB, and I had no idea that was the culprit. I decided to delete the Facebook app altogether off my BB.

Thank you SO MUCH for this post, Bluewombat. I was just about to give up after weeks of frustration.

And please post if you figure out how to use the facebook app without it messing up your calendar.

You people rock
    05-09-09 11:58 AM
    I don't use outlook, instead I mostly use google sync, and keeping my facebook app installed for the contacts to be available.

* go to options on facebook 1.5 and uncheck Blackberry Calendar, (and Blackberry contacts application). Then Clear cache in facebook, and log out.
    * go to options on the Blackberry and go to advanced options then go to default services and change the calendar (CICAL) to the default (ie google).
    * Go to your calendar and note all your appointments that you wish to keep, (as the next step could delete them off your device calendar). Double check on google calendar website that those appointments are still there.
    * Delete all appointments in blackberry calendar, by pressing ‘RSET’, that does not need to be in capital but those are the exact letters you need to put in when you are in the calendar and pressing the menu. For QWERTY users type normal, for Sure Type devices r is pressing the key number 1 twice etc (go in to calendar, press the menu key, then options, that is where you would need to enter these four letters as a command)
    * You will then be prompted to reset/clear the facebook calendar, AND the google calendar you have already on your device. Say yes to all of them as long as you have double checked your google calendar is up to date.
    * Once deleted, do a soft reset, battery pull, or look for a program called quickpull.
    * After rebooting try another google sync. If report says items deleted then go into your google calendar and re-insert them. Try the sync again. Then check to see they are under the right calendar.
    * log back into facebook, ensure that blackberry calendar sync service is Unticked, then go to your options, advanced options, default services and see if it’s still your google.

Hope this helps, this worked for me, no duplicates!
    Last edited by zocster; 05-15-09 at 12:37 AM.
    05-12-09 08:05 PM
    I don't use outlook, instead I mostly use google sync, and keeping my facebook app installed for the contacts to be available.

* go to options on facebook 1.5 and uncheck Blackberry Calendar, and Blackberry contacts application. Then Clear cache in facebook, and log out.
    * go to options on the Blackberry and go to advanced options then go to default services and change the calendar (CICAL) to the default (ie google).
    * Go to your calendar and note all your appointments that you wish to keep, (as the next step could delete them off your device calendar). Double check on google calendar website that those appointments are still there.
    * Delete all appointments in blackberry calendar, by pressing �RSET�, that does not need to be in capital but those are the exact letters you need to put in when you are in the calendar and pressing the menu. For QWERTY users type normal, for Sure Type devices r is pressing the key number 1 twice etc (go in to calendar, press the menu key, then options, that is where you would need to enter these four letters as a command)
    * You will then be prompted to reset/clear the facebook calendar, AND the google calendar you have already on your device. Say yes to all of them as long as you have double checked your google calendar is up to date.
    * Once deleted, do a soft reset, battery pull, or look for a program called quickpull.
    * After rebooting try another google sync. If report says items deleted then go into your google calendar and re-insert them. Try the sync again. Then check to see they are under the right calendar.
    * log back into facebook, ensure that blackberry calendar sync service is Unticked, then go to your options, advanced options, default services and see if it�s still your google.

Hope this helps, this worked for me, no duplicates!
    OMG after pulling out my hair ALL day over my calendar - this worked!! My calendar had gotten completely messed up, I can't even begin to describe what it was doing. I like the new FB app but come on, this is crazy!!!
    Thanks for the fix!!
    05-12-09 09:41 PM
    This thread has been very helpful in this MESS that facebook has created. I loved my bb until i downloaded facebook ! Everything worked great to that point.

I've been able to use the 'fixes' posted here to fix the calendar, but my 'contacts' are also now a mess and I get the error message "0x80040fb3

Any ideas?

Thanks !

We are having a similar issue....after following the directions of the Original Post we were able to regain control of the Calendar and get rid of the entries which were in triplicate but now when synching we get an error message on the Calendar.

The synch seems to move along just fine until it gets to the end of Processing Calendar - it is there we get the following error:

Error Encountered / Error Code: 0x8004fd28 / Check documentation

Everything synchs up but the Calendar....any ideas or tricks???

ETA: Problem Solved:
    Last edited by NellieRose; 05-14-09 at 07:31 PM. Reason: SOLVED!!! :)
    05-14-09 12:39 PM
    OMG after pulling out my hair ALL day over my calendar - this worked!! My calendar had gotten completely messed up, I can't even begin to describe what it was doing. I like the new FB app but come on, this is crazy!!!
    Thanks for the fix!!
    No worries, glad to help as I found that this is the only solution that would not duplicate stupid deleted FB appointments.
    Last edited by zocster; 05-15-09 at 12:46 AM.
    05-15-09 12:43 AM
    Does anyone know how to remove contacts facebook pictures? Even with contacts unchecked from FB options, some contacts sill have DP's showing. Thanks!
    05-15-09 01:13 AM
    I've read all the posts here and have the opposite issue.

I wold like to know if there's a way to link my FB and BES calendars so events added by FB show up on my desktop outlook calendar?
    05-24-09 11:53 PM
    Do you also want all of your BES events to show up on Facebook? If not, look into installing fbCal.
    05-25-09 07:30 AM
    I have not had any problems with FB 1.5
    05-25-09 05:42 PM
    thanks for your help
    05-25-09 05:48 PM
    For those of you still having trouble. Follow my steps. It worked for me and I did NOT have to delete Facebook CICAL.

I mixed and matched steps from: yester18 & bluewombat.

Thanks for the info.

Before I started... my Curve 8330 was missing the default email calendar and had the facebook CICAL.

Here is a copy/paste job from their advice in the order I did it.

Make sure you have a current backup
    1. Do a quickpull first. Do NOT delete any service books after reboot.

2. (Bluewombat) Went to Setup Wizard and went to Email Setup (I have BIS), which took me to Email setup web page. When I confirmed the email was correct, I noticed there was a Settings option for Service Books. I Sent my Service books to my phone as a refresh Bingo - CICAL now lists my email address as the default calendar option. Go to settings>advanced>default services and change you default calendar to your email CICAL.

(*** After I did this, the desktop manager wanted to delete my outlook appointments... NOT GOOD! DO NOT ACCEPT. So I went to step three***)

3. (yester18) Connect you device to desktop manager. If you have auto sync when you connect tyou have to cancel it before it sync's if not then everything on you BB will be sent over...

Go to backup and restore. Select Advanced.

On the right side you will see device data. Scroll down to the calendar. Select clear. This will wipe the calendar from the device. Now go back tot he home screen in DM and choose to sync. Everyhing should be transfered back over to the BB.

4. Do another quickpull.

5. Go to settings>advanced>service books

6. Ensure both your email and Facebook CICAL's are present

7. Go to settings>advanced>default services

8. Make sure that the default calendar is your email address.

9. Resync via desktop manager.

Everything synced for me and I have both CICAL files in my service book.

Hope this Newbies first post keeps people from going bald.
    05-28-09 06:11 PM
    Just had to use this again after updating my OS. Thanks so much for this post!
    05-31-09 10:56 AM
    Another way to fix this, is to go to Email Setup, then Services, then ask it to "Send Services". Go to Options, Advanced Options, and delete all the CICAL entries except for the default one you want to use.
    06-02-09 12:49 PM
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I hate Facebook. I still use it, but I had everything fixed after the 'facebook posession' of my bb - then i dropped the phone, the battery fell out...and it all started again.

This time I took notes on all the 'fixes.'
    06-10-09 06:24 PM
    Thank you so much for this post. Every time FB upgrades and I download it, I completely forget about this process (i know. I'm blonde AND highly distracted). You have saved me much frustration once again.
    10-05-09 10:39 AM
    People are still downgrading? The latest version is working perfectly for me and has been for moths. It's even working on OS 5.
    10-05-09 08:56 PM
    I am reading your response and have a question? I had all my Calendar items from out look... then I did the Facebook download which converted to the FB Calendar. I started a new job and noticed none of my Calander converted because they were all under FB calendar. Is there a way to convert back to Outlook from my BB. All the items are on my phone but I need them on my Calendar?
    10-27-09 06:19 PM
    An addendum for Bluewombats EXCELLENT post: For me to resend my service books, I logged in, and selected "help" at the bottom. The option to resend them was there.
    02-01-10 01:17 PM
    Niceeee thanks!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 07:23 AM
    I know this wasn't the main purpose of the thread, but maybe you can help me.

When someone sends me a meeting request, it gets automatically put in my BB calendar. It doesn't matter if I accept or reject it. Once the email comes in, it posts it.

How do I stop this?

Cass
    02-12-10 10:25 AM
    Does anyone knows how to make Facebook sync the latest contacts' birthdays into the BB's calender? P.S the currently entries that I have in my calender are all my past contacts and not the newly added friends..
    11-05-10 11:18 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD