01-14-09 08:15 PM
    I hope it's better then the previous app. I may consider re-downloading it this time.
    01-14-09 09:58 PM
    ehh it doesn't seem like it's adding too many cool features, i just wish it was like the iphone app. hopefully 2.0 will come close to it!
    01-15-09 01:27 AM
    We're the source for that article hehe!!

Link to all the sources and then look at where the original came from

Facebook App Version 1.5 Coming in Early 2009! | CrackBerry.com
    01-15-09 04:37 AM
    This is just poor management by either RIM or Facebook. When they (I am supposing RIM in this case) saw the capabilities the iPhone Facebook had they should I have made this a top priority. "This is business device, blah blah".....doesn't matter the software and platform are there. Should not take a year to finish a new version.
    01-15-09 05:22 AM
    This is just poor management by either RIM or Facebook. When they (I am supposing RIM in this case) saw the capabilities the iPhone Facebook had they should I have made this a top priority. "This is business device, blah blah".....doesn't matter the software and platform are there. Should not take a year to finish a new version.
    I'd like to believe it was because they were concentrating more on developing high quality devices, but after their most recent device launch issues with OS' I'd be giving RIM more credit then they really deserve at that point.

In any event, RIM is not exactly great at developing their own applications in a timely manner and their developer community is just NOW starting to get the attention it rightfully deserves, we will see many great things come from developer community it's self, but really...don't hold your breath waiting for GREAT internal/RIM developed applications.
    01-15-09 05:47 AM
    To me 1.5 does seem light on added features, but I'll still give it a go. I'm okay with the current one except for a few irritants, including the lack of things you can do without having to go to the web site. On the other hand they need a hot link to take you right to your profile on the web site if that's where you want to go. Right now the fastest way seems to be to call up your friends list, select yourself, and then select view profile.

Another big klunker on their part: Notifications come with a link to the web location of the event--the full web site link. The BB browser is incapable of displaying the full web site, so the link is a waste of bandwidth. It needs to give you a link to the mobile-friendly version of the event so it can actually be traversed on the BB.
    01-15-09 06:50 AM
    Another big klunker on their part: Notifications come with a link to the web location of the event--the full web site link. The BB browser is incapable of displaying the full web site, so the link is a waste of bandwidth. It needs to give you a link to the mobile-friendly version of the event so it can actually be traversed on the BB.
    I agree to a certain extent..4.6+ Renders the normal site fine though. I have my Bold and my 8900 so I DON'T have to always be forced to look at "dumbed down" mobile versions all the time.
    01-15-09 08:54 AM
    Good point. My complaint is very Curve-centric.
    01-15-09 09:17 AM
    I'd like to believe it was because they were concentrating more on developing high quality devices, but after their most recent device launch issues with OS' I'd be giving RIM more credit then they really deserve at that point.

In any event, RIM is not exactly great at developing their own applications in a timely manner and their developer community is just NOW starting to get the attention it rightfully deserves, we will see many great things come from developer community it's self, but really...don't hold your breath waiting for GREAT internal/RIM developed applications.
    Ehh the concentrating on high quality devices cannot be focused on enough to defer them on creating applications. I would assume they are 2 completely different departments.

I just can't do it...I just cannot give them a pass...even though my Bold and I go on walks together holding hands and sit in front of the fireplace talking away...thats beside the point
    01-15-09 09:29 AM
    we still have some time left in January...
    01-15-09 09:59 AM
    we still have some time left in January...
    Yep, being patient here.
    01-19-09 11:47 AM
    i hope it is like the iphone app though
    01-19-09 12:13 PM
    i downloaded the Facebook app on my Bold and find it to be way too boring LOL...i just go on it through my browser. Whats so exciting about the Iphone version of the Facebook app? anyone care to share? lol
    01-19-09 12:42 PM
    Never tried it on my iphone. I'm not a big myspacer other than playing Mobsters and that doesn't work on cell phones (tried).
    01-19-09 01:37 PM
    I'm eagerly awaiting this update. Even though it doesn't look like much is coming, any improvement on what we have now will be welcomed.
    01-19-09 03:11 PM
    The current app is enough for me. No memory issues and works for quick replies as I don't really use facebook.
    01-19-09 05:09 PM
    The current app is enough for me. No memory issues and works for quick replies as I don't really use facebook.
    You must be blessed from above or something....
    01-19-09 05:21 PM
    V 1.5 sucks for BB I only use m.facebook.com.. I don't see any use of the Facebook app since all notifications come to my gmail!
    01-20-09 05:26 AM
    i downloaded the Facebook app on my Bold and find it to be way too boring LOL...i just go on it through my browser. Whats so exciting about the Iphone version of the Facebook app? anyone care to share? lol

I have the ipod touch and the facebook app is soo much better than blackberrys. You can use facebook chat, and the status updates, and notifications are just clearer and its more user-friendly.
    01-20-09 10:13 AM
    V 1.5 sucks for BB I only use m.facebook.com.. I don't see any use of the Facebook app since all notifications come to my gmail!
    Where did you get 1.5 already?
    01-20-09 10:44 AM
    It needs to give you a link to the mobile-friendly version of the event so it can actually be traversed on the BB.
    I so agree!
    01-20-09 11:25 AM
    The FB app is pretty useless IMO. I had issues with it on both my 8830 and now on my Storm. On my 8830 it would kill my phone as I would get an hourglass every 2 seconds making the phone impossible to use. On my Storm it had a similar effect where it slowed it to a crawl and the phones screen would not shut off. The mobile website works fine but I would prefer something sleek like the iPhone app.
    01-20-09 11:53 AM
    Where did you get 1.5 already?
    Well don't know which version i have.. I thought it was 1.5.. Its the latest one anyway... Never use it as i said though!
    01-20-09 03:28 PM
    I agree the facebook app is not very good. I tend to switch between the app and using Opera since it seems to work well in facebook
    01-20-09 03:52 PM
389 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD