does anyone know where i can find facebook 1.5.032 all i can find is 1.5.020 which has the annoying request number bug.
    09-10-09 06:56 PM
    um, why dont u just go to the facebook site on your BB. at the bottom, you can click to download 1.6.0.21. why do you wanna find 1.5??
    09-10-09 08:17 PM
    um, why dont u just go to the facebook site on your BB. at the bottom, you can click to download 1.6.0.21. why do you wanna find 1.5??
    im on BES and my IT policy isn't configured to sync contacts and calendar with 1.6. I can't find 1.5.0.032 for the bold anywhere, the one in the forums is for the curve. can someone upload the bold version?
    09-11-09 12:40 AM
    it might be almost impossible since most people on here are using 1.6. i guess unless you can find someone to extract 1.5 from their device and load it, you may have no choice.
    09-11-09 01:17 AM
    I've been looking for it, too. I have the mildest possible IT policy on my BES, but it nevertheless grayed out the contacts and calendar options on FB 1.6. Somebody, somewhere must have 1.5.0.32.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 04:00 AM
    There is an easy fix for the greyed out options. I have a default/open IT policy on my phone and I still had the greyed out options. Once I applied the fix, 30 seconds later I was all good.

The options for social networking needs to be changed on the BES side so you'll need your IT person to do it. It takes seconds and is just a menu option. That's all. PIN me or BBM me for details.
    09-11-09 09:57 AM
    There is an easy fix for the greyed out options. I have a default/open IT policy on my phone and I still had the greyed out options. Once I applied the fix, 30 seconds later I was all good.

The options for social networking needs to be changed on the BES side so you'll need your IT person to do it. It takes seconds and is just a menu option. That's all. PIN me or BBM me for details.
    yeah thats what i've been hearing, but unfortunately I work for a fairly large firm and getting them to change the policy would probably take multiple levels of approval and I, being just a regular employee, won't have the authority to request such a change. lol.

is there anyway to crack or modify 1.6 to get rid of the function to check the BES setting?
    09-11-09 10:59 AM
    yeah thats what i've been hearing, but unfortunately I work for a fairly large firm and getting them to change the policy would probably take multiple levels of approval and I, being just a regular employee, won't have the authority to request such a change. lol.

is there anyway to crack or modify 1.6 to get rid of the function to check the BES setting?
    I work for a large company too, it's not really changing the policy, it's as simple as one yes or no option. That's it. What harm coud come from asking? Either they approve or they don't. I don't see why they wouldn't seeing that the old version didn't even use this option. Like I said, I sent my IT dept. an email, 30 secdonds I get a response "try now", and I was good.
    09-11-09 12:38 PM
    OK so I updated my Bold to the new OS released by ATT, then they pull it. Facebook always worked fine on it.

Now my facebook app wont stayed logged in. Ive reinstalled it.. Didnt work. Is it at all possible for my company to block my facebook app from working? I dont think they did but I cant figure out why it wont keep me logged in. I need my Facebook App.
    Should I try downgrading my OS???
    09-11-09 12:59 PM

Cool, but why don't you just post the details so others who stumble across this in a couple of months or after you get hit by a bus or a train aren't left hanging? Have you no sense of community, man?
    09-11-09 01:10 PM
    OK so I updated my Bold to the new OS released by ATT, then they pull it. Facebook always worked fine on it.

Now my facebook app wont stayed logged in. Ive reinstalled it.. Didnt work. Is it at all possible for my company to block my facebook app from working? I dont think they did but I cant figure out why it wont keep me logged in. I need my Facebook App.
    Should I try downgrading my OS???
    I've been having the same issue, I think it's a facebook issue, and I know of others who have the same issue.

Cool, but why don't you just post the details so others who stumble across this in a couple of months or after you get hit by a bus or a train aren't left hanging? Have you no sense of community, man?
    I have it saved on my berry, I didn't want to have to type it out again, but here it goes;

1. Log into BlackBerry Administration Service
    2. Browse to Policy -> Manage IT Policy
    3. Select the policy you are applying to all users (mine was "Default")
    4. Click "Edit IT Policy"
    5. Select "RIM Value-Added Applications"
    6. Change "Disable organizer data access for social networking applications" to "No"
    7. Hit "Save All"
    8. Wait for IT Policy to be applied

Simple. Again your IT people will have to make this change. It's just a simple option. Shouldn't require an act of congress.
    09-11-09 02:01 PM
    Thanks for this explanation, it will help me resolve a right pain in the #%*$. I'm the pseudo IT Administrator at my work (by default mainly).

We don't use BES, we only have Blackberry Professional Software 4.1.4.3. Do you know if a similar option is available with this software for disabling this rule? I've looked and looked and can't find it.

Thanks for your help!
    10-21-09 07:01 AM
    Um because it is not there????
    11-07-09 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD