I have Facebook 1.2 and it has never told me there's an update. DH has 1.6 on his phone and has always followed the update notices. What's the best way for me to get current without having problems? I've read the issues with the icon, the calendar, and notifications, so I've been clinging to 1.2. Thanks!
    07-27-09 03:01 PM
    All you have to do is go to m.facebook.com - scroll to the bottom and click on the "download the new fb app for bb" link - this will download the latest version directly to your bb OTA (over the air). The latest version of FB will ask you if you want calendars/contacts synced. It no longer changes your calendar permissions, so don't worry about all the stuff you've heard about that. Its been fixed.

Note: You can also dl the newest version using BB App World, the mobile RIM site, or even by simply going here on CB:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

Let us know if you need help!

Michael

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 05:50 PM
    I downloaded it thru the berry. On the setup I unchecked all the boxes about syncing with other things. So far nothing bad has happened, waiting to see if I get notifications. I also get them by email and texts, so I think I've got it covered.Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD