I have read about the importance of properly closing applications.

Is there another way to really, properly close apps without having to make 2 or 3 or even 4 upward swipes to get all the way down to the "close" menu entry?

TIA

Lucky
    03-07-09 07:17 PM
    Just hit the back button, not end, back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 07:21 PM
    Although that would be amazingly useful, I haven't heard of anything like that.
    03-07-09 07:21 PM
    Just hit the back button, not end, back.

does not work with apps like Slacker, GMail, Google Maps...actually any apps I tried everything I had and no go

Oh well I guess we will just have to swipe swipe swipe
    03-07-09 07:28 PM
    what's all this swipe, swipe, swipe stuff? just hit the BB button
    03-07-09 07:29 PM
    I was/am concerned that the back button does not really close the program and leaves it running in the background...is that so or not?

TIA

Lucky
    03-07-09 07:31 PM

The BB Button only calls up the menu that I have to swipe swipe swipe through...does not seem to end anything (I tried this when viewing messages)

Maybe the easiest/fastest way is "back, back, back button, then BB Button and swipe swipe swip to "Close"

I am looking for a fast way to really and truly close apps

TIA

Lucky
    Last edited by lucky1thanx; 03-07-09 at 07:35 PM.
    03-07-09 07:33 PM
    Hitting the BB button prompts the background app list, then you have to go into the app, hit the BB button again, swipe down to the close option and click...not exactly click click boom

I have also noticed with certain apps like the browser and slacker that they won't shut down even when I go through the correct procedure
    03-07-09 07:38 PM
    This topic has been brought up a number of times on these cb forums but it looks like there is no easy answer. From what I understand, 3rd party apps won't be able to do this either.

03-07-09 07:44 PM
    I usually push and hold the back button. Has worked for me on every application. Yes even google maps.

03-07-09 07:51 PM
    if you hold the back button its just like pressing menu n close....
    if you hit the back button once or even 10 times no matter how many times the app will stil be runnin in the bg
    however there are some apps you cant close even if you press menu than close
    to check which apps you have running hold the menu button, or hit the menu button n hit switch application n you will get a list of running apps
    03-07-09 07:55 PM
    I just tried this with google maps but it still showed up in the application switcher.
    Running .75 on a 9560

03-07-09 07:57 PM
    Like I said some apps don't close, if you want the ones that don't close try pushing menu h than close n they still won't close ... Some apps will only close with uninstallation

03-07-09 11:06 PM
    Holding the back button works as mentioned before. But there are 5 that always run. Home, browser, messages, phone and bbm. Google maps also runs in the backgroond if you have it installed.

03-07-09 11:20 PM
    Holding the back button works as mentioned before. But there are 5 that always run. Home, browser, messages, phone and bbm. Google maps also runs in the backgroond if you have it installed.

Google maps is closable. But pushing and holdin the back/ESC key is the fastest way to close programs.
    03-07-09 11:40 PM
    some people are just so lazy its sad. oh no "i have to press the bb button and swipe one time and then click close". makes me sick. be glad you have the storm. you obviously have never had to close an app on a curve or pearl or any other trackball phone, they make the storm seem like a cake walk.
    03-07-09 11:52 PM
    nice. didn't know about the "holding back button" shortcut to close basic apps. learn something new everyday
    03-08-09 03:20 AM
    some people are just so lazy its sad.

I'm too lazy to even reply to this troll post. Read the whole thread, genius.
    03-09-09 05:31 PM
    Thank you everyone who posted useful and useable information. And for the others: thanks anyway....lol
    03-09-09 05:32 PM
    Good info here. I have had my 9700 for several months and have been wondering why it is so sluggish now compared to when I first got it. I have noticed the app switcher but was not aware the apps that come up in that list are running apps. I just went in to each app on the switcher, opened it up, then closed them all. Question is, if I close an app such as Lookout Mobile Security, will it still protect my phone to the extent it was intended to since i "closed it"? same goes for SMS Crunch, if I go in and close it, will i still be able to get text messages via this app? Or would it try to default to original messenger?
    11-08-10 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD