Yes, after 5+ years, I still miss the ability to have floating to-do's or tasks integrated into the calendar screen.

Has anyone found a way to do floating to-do's on a Blackberry ?

(A floating to-do is a task that shows up on top of the calendar page that shows up everyday until you check it off as completed. No need to check task list separately)
    06-27-12 03:01 PM
    I too have looked in vain for this simple logical feature. I had it on my Palm I500 and the Treo.
    06-28-12 01:42 AM
    Pimlico now has it for Androids. but looks like there isn't much new BlackBerry development these days. I'm afraid if it's not here already, it'll never be.
    06-28-12 02:37 AM
    Oh, how I have missed DateBk(4, 5, 6).

I wish all smartphones used the same intuitive features and PIM integration that I enjoyed back when I carried a Palm V (and a separate mobile phone).
    06-28-12 02:56 AM
    Pimlico now has it for Androids. but looks like there isn't much new BlackBerry development these days. I'm afraid if it's not here already, it'll never be.
    Well, if BB10 runs Android apps......
    06-28-12 03:00 AM
    Oh, how I have missed DateBk(4, 5, 6).

I wish all smartphones used the same intuitive features and PIM integration that I enjoyed back when I carried a Palm V (and a separate mobile phone).
    It amazes me that DateBk is still the best PIM ever developed. And that was 10 years ago. Everyday as I'm struggling with Outlook, I think of my Treo 650 with DateBk.
    06-28-12 03:03 AM
    Well, if BB10 runs Android apps......
    We can dream.
    06-28-12 03:05 AM
    It amazes me that DateBk is still the best PIM ever developed. And that was 10 years ago. Everyday as I'm struggling with Outlook, I think of my Treo 650 with DateBk.
    I loved the thorough reference guide Steuart wrote (131 pages long) and I was always finding amazing little tricks in the program - even after years of using it. The flexibility he built into the app was astounding and, as I am revisiting the site, I find I am missing more and more of its features. Link task/appt to contact, all the different views, all the press-and-hold popups, categories, custom alarms, and of course, floating tasks/appts.

Sigh. Now I'm all wistful.
    shadysprings likes this.
    06-28-12 03:27 AM
    The old Palm PIM was the best ever made. Much better than the Berry. Just like Word Perfect was better than MS Word and 123 better the XLX. Shows the power of marketing and bundlling with an OS.

I still keep the old Palm phone book synced via a Palm 550 on four computers for it auto dialing and very long note capacity.
    06-28-12 06:56 AM
    My first smartphone was a Palm Centro, and I LOVED it! The PIM was the best thing about Palm. The only app that I've found available for BB that was available on Palm is Agendus. It's the closest thing I've found to Dbk and ShSh's 2Day. I actually emailed Shimon at ShSh about making 2Day available for BB, but he said he wasn't interested. Anyhow, like I said, Agendus is the closest I've found. I bought my copy through App World, I don't know if Mobihand carries it.
    Last edited by islandfever2009; 06-28-12 at 11:33 PM.
    06-28-12 11:30 PM
    My first smartphone was a Palm Centro, and I LOVED it! The PIM was the best thing about Palm. The only app that I've found available for BB that was available on Palm is Agendus. It's the closest thing I've found to Dbk and ShSh's 2Day. I actually emailed Shimon at ShSh about making 2Day available for BB, but he said he wasn't interested. Anyhow, like I said, Agendus is the closest I've found. I bought my copy through App World, I don't know if Mobihand carries it.
    I just checked Adendus's website and it looks really good. The ability to integrate calendar and tasks on to one page is exactly what I'm looking for. Do you know if floating to-do's/tasks are possible?
    06-29-12 01:29 AM
    I also miss my DateBk app and my Palm Treo. If only I had this on my BB Bold . Boy the good old days!!! I hope there is a slim chance left that one day this app will be developed for the BB platform.
    shadysprings likes this.
    06-29-12 01:41 AM
    Given yesterday's news we will be lucky if there is a BB next year.
    06-29-12 03:29 AM
    Given yesterday's news we will be lucky if there is a BB next year.
    So what else has a nice keyboard? I'm ready for a change.
    06-29-12 03:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD