I gotta say.. it seems pretty off

I gave it the benefit of the doubt for awhile.. but there are times when it seems way off, and when i check weather.com its like 6 degrees off

anyone else?
    08-21-09 10:15 AM
    It's fine for me as long as I use a GPS setting.
    08-21-09 10:19 AM
    They were having server issues about a week ago and the temp and conditions were not updating. Outside of that, its been pretty accurate for me.
    08-21-09 10:20 AM
    It's fine for me as long as I use a GPS setting.

do u guys find that the GPS option is the best way to go?

i just feel like that might take more time overall
    08-21-09 10:28 AM
    I have had it for a week, and been using the GPS option. It is hands down the most accurate weather application I have ever used, and Ive tried, WeatherEye, SimpleWeather, WeatherBug, and this one. I love it. I cant believe I have had a berry for so long and never used it.
    08-21-09 10:33 AM
    do u guys find that the GPS option is the best way to go?

i just feel like that might take more time overall
    I think the gps is the way to go. I wasnt using it at first and my temps were WAY off. Its a lot more accurate now, but i also feel like my battery is draining quicker.
    08-21-09 10:33 AM
    Using GPS will drain the battery a bit more. Also while inside GPS will not be as accurate as GPS needs access to the sky.
    08-21-09 10:37 AM
    If you dont allow it to update as often do you save battery drainage?
    08-21-09 10:39 AM
    Where do you find "BerryWeather" ?
    08-21-09 10:39 AM
    Using GPS will drain the battery a bit more. Also while inside GPS will not be as accurate as GPS needs access to the sky.
    ^yea those are 2 issues im not very fond of
    08-21-09 10:40 AM
    If you dont allow it to update as often do you save battery drainage?
    definitely
    08-21-09 10:41 AM
    Curious though, does this software when set to GPS and you are insode, does it revert back to updating as if you did not have GPS on until it can use GPS again?
    08-21-09 10:43 AM
    Curious though, does this software when set to GPS and you are insode, does it revert back to updating as if you did not have GPS on until it can use GPS again?
    No it will try to update via GPS but will probably fail due to being inside. It'll just try to update to the amount you have it set to.
    08-21-09 11:16 AM
    Works fine for me so far, I'm updating manually, no GPS. Weather radar seems very accurate as well.
    08-21-09 11:38 AM
    Just got the app also and i really like it. I used to just browse over to weather.com but this is a lot better.

As far as the current GPS location, does that mean if i drove to anothe city now it would automatically update to that area?

That would be great.
    08-21-09 11:43 AM
    There's usually a 2 or 3 degree difference between Berryweather and the thermometer on my patio. However, considering I don't have an actual weather station in my backyard, I'd say it's as accurate as I can expect it to be.
    08-21-09 11:52 AM
    i use weather bug and it no longer wrks. it shows me the weather but thats it. cant see the actual app or forecast. duna whats wrong with it
    08-21-09 12:35 PM
    Just got the app also and i really like it. I used to just browse over to weather.com but this is a lot better.

As far as the current GPS location, does that mean if i drove to anothe city now it would automatically update to that area?

That would be great.
    Yes it does update wherever you go.
    08-21-09 03:10 PM
    i've been using berryweather for a couple days now, and it is the most accurate, best weather app i have ever used
    08-22-09 03:25 AM
    i haven't used the GPS location setting yet because i'm concerned about battery drain. i think i'll try it out based on the feedback in this thread! Thanks!

What do you guys have the GPS set to?
    GPS only?
    GPS w cell assist?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 05:38 AM
    I bought the app during the CB half-price sale and have found it to be pretty accurate, at least compared to the other apps I've tried (which are pretty much all of them). I usually can't get GPS at home so I preset my favorite places. I did try GPS driving through NY state yesterday and it worked well in many areas. I'm sure there are experts in this forum who can answer your settings questions better than me; I'm still pretty new to this.
    08-22-09 07:18 AM
    BerryWeather has been very accurate for me.
    08-22-09 07:50 AM
    Sometimes it is and sometimes its not that accurate but I think there will never be a perfect weather app

08-22-09 08:08 AM
    Temperature variations are due to the reporting locations. If you ever have used Weather Underground and looked 3/4 down the page you will see all the reporting locations in your area. The variances are pretty wild to be honest.

Regardless, a 3-5 degree variation is nothing, I doubt most people can feel that variation, especially at the extremes (the difference between 93 and 97 degree's, it is still hot).
    i haven't used the GPS location setting yet because i'm concerned about battery drain. i think i'll try it out based on the feedback in this thread! Thanks!

What do you guys have the GPS set to?
    GPS only?
    GPS w cell assist?

As for GPS settings, I think there is a thread on this forum about the settings, anyway the recommendation was GPS (cell location fallback)

As far as the current GPS location, does that mean if i drove to another city now it would automatically update to that area?

That would be great.
    Berryweather you have to add current location, if you use BBWeather, it can update from present location based on GPS. BBWeather is nice, just not as feature rich as BerryWeather.
    08-22-09 10:23 AM
    It's just as accurate as Weather.com -- its close, but not perfect. But I don't do too many scientific experiments that require a too the half a degree. Works for me
    08-22-09 10:42 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD