Does it ask for a password let's say after a minute?
    Right now it's not doing anything. I wait for several minutes after the screen goes dark and when I click the screen, the phone lights up without prompting me for a password. I must have something screwed up but I can't figure it out.
    01-26-11 12:36 AM
    Right now it's not doing anything. I wait for several minutes after the screen goes dark and when I click the screen, the phone lights up without prompting me for a password. I must have something screwed up but I can't figure it out.
    Hmm, maybe it just isn't working right. I'll take a look at it. Try the MessageTicker. Let me know what you think. There is no other application that exists that can do that.
    01-26-11 12:37 AM
    Hmm, maybe it just isn't working right. I'll take a look at it. Try the MessageTicker. Let me know what you think. There is no other application that exists that can do that.
    I just saw the post. I'm on it.

OK. I'm a dumb A$$. I figured out what I did with the Everylock app. I had version 6.0 installed. When I installed 5.0, the delayed screen lock function is working properly. I need to copy and paste those links instead of entering them with my fat thumbs.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 01-26-11 at 01:31 AM.
    01-26-11 12:46 AM
    I just saw the post. I'm on it.

OK. I'm a dumb A$$. I figured out what I did with the Everylock app. I had version 6.0 installed. When I installed 5.0, the delayed screen lock function is working properly. I need to copy and paste those links instead of entering them with my fat thumbs.
    Lolz. Oh man, you where scaring me there. I'm glad it's working properly.
    01-26-11 01:35 AM
    Hey, how's it going ! Do you rememer the "TouchScreen users please test this" thread that had the futuristic lock screen? It's me. I changed my username so I could "market" my apps better. If you have any questions, let me know.
    Hey bro, I remember! I see things are going good with EveryLock! It's really shined since that thread actually! I might have even seen it featured here on the main page . !--> http://m.crackberry.com/keep-everything-your-blackberry-private-everylock-50-copies-be-won <--!

So, I've had quite the little experience with your app last night! I purchased it from App World, downloaded it and it installed fine. After a reboot I came right back to this thread and downloaded the beta, overwriting the "stable" version. Maybe that was a bad idea? For me at least. When it was done installing it prompted me for a reboot, which I of course did. The only problem was it took FOREVER for my BB to reboot! After it stopped around 3/4 of the way thru rebooting, and waiting imaptiently for about almost 10 mins the first time, I pulled out the battery for an official reboot. At this point I was getting nervous because it quickly booted up to about the same place it hanged before, 3/4 of the way done. This time I let it sit on the charger for roughly 45 mins before it FINALLY rebooted! But unfortunately my BB was extremely sluggish so I managed to get into the Options and I just deleted EveryLock

Now, of course I understand that random things like that happen, but during the process I was a little nervous because I thought I was going to have to reload my OS! But after I deleted it and did a few battery pulls and let my BB chill out for the day, I downloaded the EveryLock beta version for OS 6.0 and crossed my fingers everything was going to be legit!

AND...

It is! Very legit in fact! As far as I can tell, everything is working great and I love the "Error Theme" haha...pure awesome!
    I have yet to try out ALL the options but what I have tested out is working as expected! Oh, I also love the feature to ba able to change the name of the app in the system wide menus! Excellent idea! EveryLock is exactly what I'd expect it to be plus much more! Great job on the app. I can't wait to see what the future holds for it

On another note, I'm pretty sure that my random occurance with EveryLock slowing down my BB is caused by the fact that my BlackBerry has been acting weird lately and I've needed to wipe it more than I feel I should be! And that's why I'm preparing to do a warrenty exchange soon! Sooner than later!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 10:27 PM
    Wow.45 mins ? I have had it do that to me for like 15 minutes.One customer told me about an issue that EveryLock may cause becuase of one of it's features. One of the features locks the memory cleaning button in your security options. So, if you reboot your phone it will do some spring cleaning. If you have alot of apps installed or something like that, then that might cause it.

Sorry about that. But it seems you got it working and I'm very happy you like it! If you have any questions let me know. Don't forget to leave a review on appworld

In 1.8, I got rid of that problem from happening to everyone to only happening to people who perform these steps:

1. Go to Settings
    2. Select Applications
    3. Change Ask Password to "Once"
    4. Select "Phone Lock"
    Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 01-26-11 at 10:49 PM.
    01-26-11 10:38 PM
    I definitely have a few apps haha...

But yes, everything seems to be in working order and I've rebooted a couple times since and haven't had any issues what-so-ever!

I got my BB locked up tight now and am still getting used to that!

Good job on the app man, I likey

01-26-11 10:50 PM
    I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have tried several apps and this is the best. I like the stealth theme. I did download the update and reboot time was forever. It seems to be better now though.

01-27-11 01:27 PM
    I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have tried several apps and this is the best. I like the stealth theme. I did download the update and reboot time was forever. It seems to be better now though.

Hmmmm, it's still doing it? I'm going to have to look into it more. I think it only happens once though. If you install the application and reboot , the long reboot should only happen once, if it does at all.

On a good note, you love it! I worked really hard on it and will continue to do so.
    Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 01-27-11 at 01:51 PM.
    01-27-11 01:30 PM
    It is still a little sluggish on reboot but not as long as that first time....I don't have it set to block delete either...so it shouldn't block options. I'm not sure where the slow boot could come from...still love it though I also use Meterberry and so far there is no memory leak for this app!!! Wonderful job.

01-27-11 02:41 PM
    It is still a little sluggish on reboot but not as long as that first time....I don't have it set to block delete either...so it shouldn't block options. I'm not sure where the slow boot could come from...still love it though I also use Meterberry and so far there is no memory leak for this app!!! Wonderful job.

I'll be sure to look into it.
    01-27-11 02:46 PM
    Loving this upgrade. So far so good.
    01-27-11 02:54 PM
    How does this work with a BES policy enforced password requirement?
    01-27-11 03:19 PM
    Loving this upgrade. So far so good.

I have never tried to do that or even have access to BES. All it does is force the device to ask for a password,right?
    Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 01-27-11 at 03:48 PM.
    01-27-11 03:43 PM
    Just a heads up and a big Thank You concerning this app. I was one of the testers and I have seen this app come a long way in the right direction. The developer not only listened during testing, but responded in a timely manner. EveryApp Mobile took the feed back whether it be positive or negative and built from it to make EveryLock a better app. Thing about it is, he is still listening to feed back and progressing with this app.

I contacted EveryApp Mobile a short time ago about making an App to help out my daughter. It took a little persuading to pull him away from Everylock, but he agreed and listened to my ideas and added to it. In my experience, great person to work with. Thank you for the your time and patience EveryApp Mobile and keep up the good work.
    Last edited by chucky1; 01-30-11 at 07:01 AM.
    01-30-11 06:59 AM
    Dear EveryApp Mobile,

I've downloaded the new Everylock v1.8 but it seems to have the same BIS bug that was present in v1.7.

In v1.7 it would always display failed to connect to registration server when trying to connect via BIS. The registration was succesful when I connected through WIFI and the application worked perfectly.

In v1.8, after installing the update, I can see the "Open EveryLock" entry on the blackberry menu, but when I click on it, nothing happens.

I've tried removing it and re-installing it after a cold reset, but the application still refuses to run.

Is it trying to authenticate my registration again via WIFI ? Or is there something wrong ?

My device specs are:

BB 9700
    OS 5.0
    Unlimited BIS plan

Would appreciate your urgent advice.

Best regards,
    Tareq A.N
    02-03-11 02:13 AM
    Any update on when you would be adding the slider sounds for the Torch? I got a msg from you earlier saying you would be adding that but havent seen it so far..

Thanks,

Ajay Malkani
    02-04-11 01:26 AM
    Dear EveryApp Mobile,

I've downloaded the new Everylock v1.8 but it seems to have the same BIS bug that was present in v1.7.

In v1.7 it would always display failed to connect to registration server when trying to connect via BIS. The registration was succesful when I connected through WIFI and the application worked perfectly.

In v1.8, after installing the update, I can see the "Open EveryLock" entry on the blackberry menu, but when I click on it, nothing happens.

I've tried removing it and re-installing it after a cold reset, but the application still refuses to run.

Is it trying to authenticate my registration again via WIFI ? Or is there something wrong ?

My device specs are:

BB 9700
    OS 5.0
    Unlimited BIS plan

Would appreciate your urgent advice.

Best regards,
    Tareq A.N
    Try doing it via wifi. I'm using the built-in blackberry connection manager and I wouldn't be able to tell why it's not working for you. I've had it work for others using BIS but some can't connect no matter what.
    Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 02-04-11 at 07:56 AM.
    02-04-11 07:41 AM
    Any update on when you would be adding the slider sounds for the Torch? I got a msg from you earlier saying you would be adding that but havent seen it so far..

Thanks,

Ajay Malkani
    It won't be for this update. I'll probably add slider sounds in 1.9.
    02-04-11 07:42 AM
    Hey EveryApp Mobile,

I just went to app world to download app and it's $2.99 I thought I saw in this post it was $1.99?
    02-04-11 11:31 AM
    Hey EveryApp Mobile,

I just went to app world to download app and it's $2.99 I thought I saw in this post it was $1.99?
    There was a price increase because I added so many features. However, I never make the current users pay for the upgrades. I will probably increase the price to $3.99 for EveryLock 2.0.
    02-04-11 12:03 PM
    great app ! glad I got everylock instead of ilock. Was wondering I keep my camera, bbm, whatsapp unlocked but my pictures is locked. However i am able to still browse the pictures via picture review (camera) and whatsapp/bbm (send picture function). Is there any way around this?
    10-12-11 09:08 PM
    great app ! glad I got everylock instead of ilock. Was wondering I keep my camera, bbm, whatsapp unlocked but my pictures is locked. However i am able to still browse the pictures via picture review (camera) and whatsapp/bbm (send picture function). Is there any way around this?
    Pictures,Camera,bbm and whatsapp each have their own way of viewing files on the device. You would have to lock all the applications or you could use "Files" module and lock the the pictures but its more of hassle if you want to view your "locked files" quickly. If you are just going to view them from time to time then use "Files" module and it will lock the pictures for all the applications.
    10-12-11 09:20 PM
    The only thing I wish you could do is customize your own fake error message to distinguish it from real error messages. Hey I guess this is a suggestion then. Yeah if you choose to use the "Fake Error" theme users should be able to customize there own "fake error".
    05-26-13 03:26 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD