which is better?? i have heard both are pretty good... could i get some advice or opinions... thanks!
    06-30-09 09:08 PM
    I love ReQall. I have both, and I'm ditching Evernote. ReQuall has the features I need and use, and it's faster (on my Bold, with my OS). Evernote wouldn't email my notes from my phone and it's probably an OS glitch. Plus, it was incredibly slow and it froze up on me, more than once..had to do battery pulls to unfreeze it. So, it never worked well enough for me to give it a fair evaluation.

ReQuall is incredible. Worked from the gitgo. I really love the ability to share notes (particularly voice notes) with others. I dial the toll-free number, say "Share", and tell ReQuall what I want to share, and who I want to share it with (from my contact list). It does it, and it's....done.

"Better" is never the same for everybody. It depends on what you need the app to do. I would suggest you try them both. ReQuall gives you a 30-day free Pro upgrade, as a new customer.

Also, the Pro upgrade for ReQuall is $25/year. Evernote's Premium version is $45/year.
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 07-01-09 at 12:56 AM.
    07-01-09 12:54 AM
    thanks so much!
    07-02-09 12:05 AM
    I think these are two very different apps.

In fact reQall (pro only) actually has EverNote integration to prove my point. They can be used with each other with no overlap.

EverNote - an archive for ALL your notes/thoughts/ideas/webpages/meeting-minutes, etc... keep forever and never forget anything.

reQall - a more immediate action-oriented project To-Do organizer and reminder.
    12-07-09 08:01 AM
    Does Evernote work on all BBs? Or is it limited to Bold Storm & Curves. I've worked w/Evernote, but don't like that you need internet access to update. I'm trying Reqall now. It doesn't seem to require web access to update notes.
    12-07-09 11:20 AM
    I think these are two very different apps.

In fact reQall (pro only) actually has EverNote integration to prove my point. They can be used with each other with no overlap.

EverNote - an archive for ALL your notes/thoughts/ideas/webpages/meeting-minutes, etc... keep forever and never forget anything.

reQall - a more immediate action-oriented project To-Do organizer and reminder.
    Good post. I think you point out good points.
    12-07-09 12:12 PM
    I agree with you. I wish there were some offline way of at least ADDING a new note in both programs.

The reason you can't EDIT existing notes is that both programs probably are like memos on steroids. Think about it: you can keep attachments, pictures, sound-bites... the database of notes can be really huge for some people especially over time.

You think you want 100gb of info stored on your phone? It's better to have it in the "cloud".

Does Evernote work on all BBs? Or is it limited to Bold Storm & Curves. I've worked w/Evernote, but don't like that you need internet access to update. I'm trying Reqall now. It doesn't seem to require web access to update notes.
    12-08-09 06:59 AM
    I take that back, at least in EverNote I *think* you can add notes offline using the BB client. I'll test in an elevator later. (or if someone else knows chime in).

I agree with you. I wish there were some offline way of at least ADDING a new note in both programs.

The reason you can't EDIT existing notes is that both programs probably are like memos on steroids. Think about it: you can keep attachments, pictures, sound-bites... the database of notes can be really huge for some people especially over time.

You think you want 100gb of info stored on your phone? It's better to have it in the "cloud".
    12-08-09 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD