Hey,

The thread title is saying it, which one do you prefer or which one is better?

Jannik

And what exactly is Poynt for? Does it have the functions of Qype and Localpedia? I wanna get rid of some apps...
    Last edited by Smartie020; 01-17-12 at 09:27 AM.
    01-17-12 09:24 AM
    They both have different functions. I use Dropbox for cloud storage, and things I want to publicly share. I use Evernote for sharing weblinks between my BB and PC, or a quick note to myself I can access from either.

http://crackberry.com/poynt-blackber...trol-search-uk
    01-17-12 09:53 AM
    i use both dropbox and evernote,as well as box.net
    01-17-12 07:54 PM
    I've used EverNote for notes, and things to be tracked and sorted, with access to those notes on any device.

I use Dropbox for actual files I want to have access from different devices. From documents, PDFs, photos, videos, and database files (like my password database).

For me, they just serve different functions.

Sent from my gTablet using Tapatalk.
    Devil likes this.
    01-17-12 08:32 PM
    Like the others, I use both as a big part of my GTD system.
    01-19-12 12:28 AM
    I've used EverNote for notes, and things to be tracked and sorted, with access to those notes on any device.

I use Dropbox for actual files I want to have access from different devices. From documents, PDFs, photos, videos, and database files (like my password database).

For me, they just serve different functions.

Sent from my gTablet using Tapatalk.
    Sorry for hijacking a little, but can you elaborate on your password database please?
    02-27-12 09:31 PM
    Sorry for hijacking a little, but can you elaborate on your password database please?
    Pretty sure what he means is he makes a file, holding all his passwords, and keeps it on DropBox for easy access from any device.

You can always PM Xopher for details, rather than hijack a thread.
    02-27-12 11:41 PM
    I use KeePass for passwords. KeePassBB on my Tour, KeePassDroid on my Mesmerize, and KeePass on my PC. The database file sits in the dropbox folder and is accessed from there, so any changes I make on one device is updated on every device.
    04-19-12 03:02 PM
    Careful with DropBox, and this may already be known, your login and password are stored in clear text. Just noticed this while backing up my device and browsing around the builtin memory on my 9810. The file is called dropbox.log and is located in \home\user, on the builtin memory of the device. I did a search for my user ID and right next to it was my password.

Hopeful that this changes with BB10. Until then I don't plan to use DropBox anymore on my device.
    01-11-13 06:58 AM
    I too use both products, although I am toying with standardizing on one but I need some clarity on offline access.

I was on the subway this evening wanting access a PDF, and it occurred to me that this is one area where the products really differ.

With no signal, on Dropbox, I was not able to access any files ( as it wanted to connect to Dropbox) ;and I gather, there is no local copy kept on the z10

With no signal, on Evernote ( via Remember), I was able to access all my files.

My question is this:

Was I able to access the Evernote files offline because:
    1) thats simply the way it works on the Z10, or
    2) was it only because I am a Evernote Premium member , which caches the files locally for offline access (eg on my iPad).

I gather its the latter - Premium user get option to have any or all notebooks fully cached.
    Last edited by mediaman09; 05-17-13 at 09:48 AM.
    05-16-13 07:13 PM
    Interesting discussion.Lots to consider here re offline access, storage, price, usability.

Evernote Premium
    -online access: YES ( ia Remenber or browser)
    -offline access on Z10: YES (via Remember)
    -offine access on Desktop : YES
    -storage 1 GB
    -cost : $45/yr

DropBox
    -online access: YES ( ia DropBox app or browser)
    -offline access on Z10: NO
    -offine access on Desktop: YES
    -storage 3 GB
    -cost free

Box
    -online access ; YES ( ia DropBox app or browser)
    -offline access on Z10: NO
    -offine access on Desktop : NO
    -storage 50 GB
    -cost:free
    05-17-13 10:04 AM
    I too thought that BB10 dropbox integration required online status UNTIL I saw forum posts noting that if you "pin" a dropbox folder in the file manager (by long pressing it and choosing PIN), it is stored locally for offline use. I have since tested this feature and it seems to enable offline access to my keepass file. I suspect a similar feature is available for Box.

As suggested in the forum post I read, I created a separate BlackBerry folder in dropbox so that I can isolate what should be stored locally to my blackberry.

Hope this helps others who have not yet "discovered" the pin feature in BB10.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD